Chapter 34

We woke up the next morning exhausted. A wedding really takes a lot out of you, especially for the 'after party' Henry and I had. I got up and got straight into the shower. Henry joined me and we washed each other. I told him we had to hurry because I was worried about Nicholas. After getting that phone call from Patrick, my mind was thinking the worst. What if he's majorly ill? What if he's so sick that he has to stay in the hospital? Would he be on feeding tubes? I hushed my thoughts and focused on getting ready. I got dressed, and we packed our stuff.

(outfit)Once we were ready, we left the hotel and headed home

(outfit)
Once we were ready, we left the hotel and headed home. I was anxious to get to Nicholas to make sure he was okay. I called Patrick from a pay phone.
"Hello?" Patrick said in a grogy voice.
"Hey, Pat. Its (Y/N), how's Nicholas doing?" I had worry in my voice. I couldn't hide it one bit
"He's good, just a stomach bug. The doctor said he was fine and he told me to give him some cold and fever medication to help him through, and I did. He's doing much better, his fever went down, and he hasn't thrown up since."I could tell Patrick was smiling through the phone with pride. He was proud that he could make Nicholas feel better.
I laughed slightly before I said,"Well thank you,Dr.Hockstetter, for taking such good care of my baby boy. We'll be back soon."
"Alright, take your time. I'm having fun with this little guy," he said.
"Okay, thank you again."
"Your welcome, bye bye now," he teased.
"Bye," I said, and with that, we got in the car to head back.
We went to the house that Belch, Victor, Patrick, Nicholas, and Butch were renting. It was a house right on the beach. It had an absoulutely stunning view from the balcony. We walked up to the door and knocked. Vic answered and let us in. Patrick was on the back deck with Nicholas, playing on a chair. He looked so precious playing with Nicholas on his lap. It always made my heart flutter to see Patrick with my baby. A part of me wished he was his, but the other was saying that it's almost a good thing that he isn't. Who knows, maybe I could have a child for Patrick using his sperm so he can have a child of his own. Maybe he'll find a woman who'll wanna have kids with him. I may have still had feelings for Pat, but I had to shut them down right as they started. I was with Henry now, till death do us part, through sickness and in health. We even have Nicholas together, I would never put him through me and Henry having a divorce. I couldn't do that to my boy. I love Henry, end of discussion. I also love Patrick I'm allowed to love two men, just can't do stuff with both.
I walked out to see Patrick holding Nicholas in the air and placing rasberries on his neck. I laughed and Patrick smiled at me,"Look, Nicky, it's mommy!"
"So his name's Nicky now, is it?" I teased.
"Only my nickname for him. Just like my nickname for you is princess," he smiled wider walking over to me. Princess? Fucking Hell! Henry also called me princess! Then again, Patrick called me that first, so I guess Henry should get me a new nickname. I nervously laughed as Patrick handed me Nicholas.
"Did you have fun with Uncle Patrick?" I said to Nicholas in a baby voice kissing his cheek. I held him on my hip and walked towards Patrick,"Thanks again for taking care of him."
Patrick blushed,"Anything for my princess."
I snorted and replied,"I guess I'll have to come up with a nickname for you since you've got one for me."
He laughed,"You've already given me a nickname, it's daddy."I couldn't help but start laughing. I knew it was true, I always called him daddy, but now I called Henry daddy because he's an actual daddy. We walked inside, and everyone was eating. I grabbed a mug and poured myself some coffee. I handed Nicholas to Henry, and went outside to sit on the balcony from one of the bedrooms.
"Beautiful, isn't it?" I heard Patrick come and sit next to me.
"Yeah, a nice change from Derry,"I sipped my coffee.
I leaned my head against Patrick's shoulder, and he put his head on mine."You know,(Y/N)," he began,"You're my best friend."
I smiled,"You're my best friend too, Pat."
"We were friends with benefits for a while,"he chuckled and I playfully hit his arm,"ya know, I sometimes wonder what it would be like if we hadn't used condoms those few times we did have sex, maybe I would've gotten you pregnant."
That got me thinking. What would've happened if Patrick had gotten me pregnant? I went into a deep state of thought as Patrick continues talking. We both got up and walked back downstairs. Belch was cleaning, Butch was on the couch with Henry and Nicholas, and Victor was outside. I walked to the kitchen to help Belch. I couldn't shake those words. Ya know, I sometimes wonder what it would be like if we hadn't used condoms those few times we did have sex, maybe I would've gotten you pregnant.