Chapter 26

3 Months Later...
The amount of joy I've felt for the past three months is undeniably the most joy I've ever felt. Henry has been doing so well with Nicholas! He rocks him to sleep, puts him in his bassinet next to our bed, and even sings and reads to him. He's really the best father.

(Henry and Nicholas)I'm a little sad about leaving Nicholas with one of the guys while I go to school and work at the music shop, but I have no other choice

I'm a little sad about leaving Nicholas with one of the guys while I go to school and work at the music shop, but I have no other choice. We need to work as a unit to keep this family together, so I've gotta pull my weight. I begin to get ready for my first day of summer school.

 I begin to get ready for my first day of summer school

(outfit)

(bag)

(makeup)I walk downstairs to see Henry and Belch playing with Nicholas

(makeup)
I walk downstairs to see Henry and Belch playing with Nicholas. It's so sweet to see them so happy all the time especially with the baby.
"Alright, I'm all ready for my first day of senior year," I said picking up the keys to Belch's Trans Am.
Henry picks up Nicholas and walks over to me. He pecks my lips and says,"Have fun, sweetheart. Good luck, and get good grades."
"Thanks baby," I smile heading towards the door.
"Alright, you want me, Henry, and Nicholas to drive you?" Belch asked.
"Yeah! That'll be great," I said excitedly.
We all pile into Belch's car, and began driving. I could hear Henry and Nicholas playing peekaboo in the back seat. I was in the passenger seat and I giggled softly. We pulled up to the school, and I gathered by bag. I grabbed my latte and was headed out of the car when Belch grabbed my arm,"Wait, there's something I wanna give you." He takes off his hat and puts it on my head.

" He takes off his hat and puts it on my head

(hat)
"Here, this hat is good luck in my eyes. You wear it, and you're golden! Go in there and kick some ass!"
"LANGUAGE! BABY ON BOARD, HUGGINS!"Henry said.
I laughed and said,"Thanks, I'll make sure to do that." I gave him a hug and got out of the car."And you two," I looked into the back seat where Henry and Nicholas were,"You two better behave while mommy is gone, okay?"
Henry giggled and made a baby voice,"Yes mommy, come home soon."
"I'll be home before you know it," I leaned in and kissed Henry through the window. They waved as I walked into the school. This is where I'll be spending my summer.
I walk to my classroom and sat down at a desk in the front of the room. In summer school, you had one teacher who taught everything, so you only had one classroom unless they brought you to another. There were a couple of other kids with me, but non who I knew. The teacher walked in, and I looked up to see a familiar face. Dr.Skarsgård? I tried to take a closer look. He walked right in front of me. It was him!

 It was him!

(Dr./Mr.Skarsgård)
He stops at my desk. His mind wonders for a second as he stares."Ms.Huggins?"
"Yes. Dr.Skarsgård?" I ask hoping I was right for once.
"Yeah, it's me," he says with a smile.
"What're you doing here?" I ask.
"I volunteer to teach in the summer. I'm guessing you're the student who I will be working with extra? They told me I'd have a straggler due to absence in the school year," he said.
"Yeah, the pregnancy made it so I had to miss a lot of school," I looked down at my desk.
He held my chin and faced my head up to look at him,"Don't you worry, you're going to graduate this summer. I promise."
***time skip***
I went through my seven hours of summer school. The final bell rang, and I began to pack up my stuff. I got up to walk out of the classroom, but felt a hand on my shoulder.
"May I speak with you for a moment, Ms.Huggins?"Mr.Skarsgård asked.I complied and sat at a desk closer to the door."You are very smart, but you will need some extra tutoring. I can work with you after school at your house, at the library, or on Saturdays at school. Whatever works for you, I can make it work for me."
I smiled,"Thank you very much, Mr.Skarsgård. You can come to my house for a tutoring session tomorrow after school if that works."
"Tomorrow after school is perfect," he said with a wink and a smile.
"Great! See you tomorrow," I said getting up and waving.
"Goodbye, Ms.Huggins," he said waving back.
I walked outside to see Belch sitting in his Trans Am blasting The Rolling Stones. I walk to the car and hop in. Belch and I ride home singing and dancing to the radio.
When we got home, Henry was asleep with Nicholas on his chest in the living room. The TV was on, so I switched it off. I kissed both of their heads, and put a blanket over top of them.
I walked into the kitchen to hangout with Belch.
"So, how's school?" he asked.
"Actually, not bad. Do you remember Dr.Skarsgård?" I asked him curiously.
"Yeah, he was the doctor who delivered Nicholas, right?"
"Yeah, and he's my summer school teacher. He volunteers to teach during the summer. He also was instructed to tutor me and give me extra help because I was absent basically all year because I was pregnant," I explained to Belch everything, and he thought it was a great idea. I was finally going to graduate! I ate a snack, and sat in the living room doing homework. I watched Henry and Nicholas sleeping soundly together, and it made my heart flutter. Could life get any better than this?