Tyler knew Megan because everybody knew Megan. She was nice to everyone, even the staff on other floors. Some days, she showed up with doughnuts and distributed them to everyone. It was hard to not love her but I also knew how much she loved working for Frank- unlike me. I hadn't heard from her since the day I saw her on the side of the road but I couldn't understand why she would decide to leave the company all of a sudden.

I frowned, "Megan quit?"

Tyler nodded, "yes"

"Oh wow", I managed to say, glancing at Noah who seemed occupied with his vanilla ice cream. Tyler's phone rang at that moment.

"Oh, I must go now, nice to see you again Bella", he said as he stared at his phone screen, "and you too....", he trailed as he faced Noah, unsure of what to say next.

"Noah", Noah said forcing a smile at Tyler who nodded, stood and walked away.

"Hey", I said to Noah.

"Mmhmm", he mumbled as he stuffed his face with ice cream making me chuckle.

"It's getting late, we should go", I said.

He beamed, waiting for the ice cream to melt in his mouth, "wait, let me finish this"

I nodded and watched him eat his ice cream, he seemed to notice and arched an eyebrow, "aren't you going to finish yours?", he asked, "it's melting", he added chuckling.

I stared at the bowl in front of me and grinned, "right"

***
It was getting late but a lot of people still flowed through the city. Noah's fingers were laced in between mine as we walked slowly towards the apartment building. I looked up; the tall buildings pierced through the skyline as the sun sunk along with the day light. There was a calm stillness in the atmosphere, the air smelt faintly of smoke and rain. It was raining somewhere close.

"Its beautiful tonight", Noah said softly.

"Yeah", I said.

I watched as a balloon escaped from a little boy's hand on the sidewalk across the street from me. He ran after it. The woman next to him, who I assumed was his mother cussed and ran after him on realizing that he was going away from her.

"Did you see that?", I asked Noah.

"Yeah", his tone was amused, "is he going to float after the balloon though?"

I chuckled.

We stopped in front of the building and Noah smiled at me.

"You're beautiful, you know, that right?", he asked, taking a strand of my hair and placing it gently behind my ear, "right?", he asked again when I didn't reply.

I smiled and nodded. He pulled me in for a hug.

"I love you Bella", he said softly.

"I love you too", I said as he released me, "want to talk about why you didn't seem comfortable back there?", I asked, hoping he would open up to me.

"I don't want you to go back there", he was referring to my job.

"I know"

"But you're going regardless of what I say, aren't you?"

"Yes"

He scoffed, "you're so stubborn"

There was a loud ringing sound coming from his pocket. He took out his phone and stared at it frowning.

"Something wrong?", I asked.

He sighed, "I have to go, work calls"

"Oh okay"

He leaned in to kiss me lightly on the lips.

"Sure, you don't want me to come up with you?", he asked as he pulled away.

I smirk, "You have work sir"

He groaned, "I really don't want to go", he whined.

"Noah go"

"Fine", he said, leaning in to kiss me deeper and longer than the last time, "we'll finish this some other time", he said playfully as he pulled away.

I said goodbye to Noah as he got into his car which he parked outside the building earlier. He zoomed off and I took out my keys before walking into the apartment building.

I mentally prepared myself for another night spent without Stacy. I thought about seeing a movie, then I thought about reading a book. I could just call Stacy and talk to her until I slept off but I already did that the night before.

I paused in front of the apartment. The door was slightly open and I frowned, glancing around the hallway first before walking in.

"Hello?", I called, "Stacy?"

It was impossible that she was home so early unless of course, her aunt had told her that Linda was overreacting and let her come back. My hand felt the wall next to me for the light switch and I flicked it on.

I gasped.

Wade stood next to the couch, his hand holding onto a side of his stomach where blood oozed profusely out from. His eyes were slightly open but I could tell he was gazing at me.

A slight groan escaped his lips.

"Great, you're home", he muttered before falling to the ground.