Chapter 29

[Guide: Telepathy/Thoughts. Russian.]

Levy was huddled low on Baghiras back as he sped through the tunnels of the building. Lily trusted her to continue on, breaking off to find the buildings control room. It was up to her and her alone to find Gajeel. She would take down anyone in her way, she was tired of playing games. The pair made their way into an open room, where a single woman waited for them. She looked identical to Jay, they must be siblings at least, if not twins.

The woman was standing in front of a single metal door, that was barred with a heavy metal beam across it. Gajeel. Levy slid off of Baghira, her face set in a determined glare as she faced her. "He's behind that door, isn't he?" She asked simply.

"You wont be getting to him princess, this is the end of the line." Though she spoke harshly, Levy could sense a bit of nervousness about her. Something had her unsettled, and the battle around them had her looking ready to bolt.

"I will give you one chance to walk away. Turn over a new leaf like Jellal did. There is a better life than this." Levy didn't want to have to fight the girl if she didn't have to. If the girl was here against her will, it would be wrong to take her life.

The girl laughed at that. "You sound just like the big fool behind the door. Going against Etherios.... Even if I wanted to, that isn't a choice once you are in his circle. No. This is my destiny, my place is here to fight for my master." The unease slowly slipped away, and Levy watched as the girl made her decision. Her feet slid into a stance, ready to take Levy head on.

"I wish you would have thought differently. Could have been friends in another life." Levy took her own stance beside beside Baghira, summoning her ethereal ax into her hands. It's lightness would always surprise her, but it would do what needed to be done. They looked at each other as the noise around them shook the room, causing eerie creaks and groans. Once the noise settled, they moved.

Levy had been expecting the electrical shock, Baghira reading her movements, the pair shoved off of each other to avoid the impact. She didn't stop, the rubber on the bottom of her shoes wouldn't help if it melted to the metal under her. The spirit and warrior pair flanked the woman, charging towards her sides. Not expecting to miss, the woman had to scramble away, causing the pair to meet in the middle. Anyone less in sync would have collided. Not Levy and Baghira. They moved as one, just as her father taught them. Baghira was her extension, her other half, her partner. Baghira skidded to his side, allowing Levy to use it as a spring board. He spun, throwing Levy after the girl, a savage battle cry surprising even Levy leaving her throat as she brought her ax down towards the now pale woman.

Fights in movies lasted minutes on screen, no one told Levy it was only a matter of seconds. That it could all end with one action. The womans hesitation was her end, Levy saw it, the raised hands to cast, the spark of lightning ready to fire. But it never did. Instead, she watched Levy as the ax swung forward, her eyes slowly closing as it met her neck. The wet crunching sound as her ax beheaded her in one fatal swoop. Levy stumbled a bit on her landing, not too heroic, her legs still sore and now her head swimming. She did it, she killed someone. That bitter smell in her nose confirmed it even before she turned.

She was surprised it didnt affect her like she thought, perhaps her fathers war stories spared her mind from the suddenness of it. The girls body lay in a pool of slowly growing blood, the head rolled about a foot away. She meant what she said before, she wished she could have been friends with this girl. But she didnt regret her actions, of the girl hadn't hesitated, she could have killed Levy. She wondered how many people she had already killed.

Levy was brought out of her deep thoughts by a large head bumping against her hip, drawing her gaze to Baghira. He had a tarp in his large mouth and offered it up to her. "We can at least give her a bit of respect." The spirit told her. Levy nodded, taking the tarp and covering the body and head, not before finding a set of keys on her belt. Maybe they could find out what her name was, find out more about her.

"But not right now." Levy said to herself, hurrying to the barred door. She quickly grabbed the beam placed across the door and braced herself, straining with all of her might. The beam was heavy, and she didnt have strength like Gajeel, but she would be damned if that stopped her here. She reached deep inside herself, feeling her pool of power, and grabbing it with all her might. There was an almost animistic roar as the beam was flung away, a surge of power bursting from her small frame and sending her stumbling away from the door.

She stared in shock for several long moment, before throwing her fists into the air, with a loud "Whoop!" She hurried back to the door, finding the key that unlocked the door and throwing it open.

There he was.

Bruised but otherwise seemingly unhurt, chained to a wall that he was straining to break against. His face was red from the strain and she was sure he was about to break something if he kept trying. "Gajeel!" Levy ran to him, throwing her arms around him as she all but slammed into his hard chest.

"Levy, precious girl," Gajeel tucked his head against her hair, shakily breathing in, his arms still bound. "Thank god your alive," He leaned back to look at her, paling slightly at her healing wounds. "When I get my hands on that bastard!"

Levy could only laugh, glad he was feeling himself as she began unchaining him. "I think Jellal beat you to it dear." Once his arms were free, Gajeel wrapped her in his arms, holding her tightly to his chest. She eagerly returned the embrace, gripping the back of his shirt as she quietly spoke into his shoulder. "I was so scared. I didnt know what he would have done to you...."

Gajeel gently ran a hand through her hair and kissed her forehead. "He hasnt done anything but piss me off so far. What happened to you?" He could seem to keep his hands off her.

"Later," She said, Baghira growling from the other room in a warning of danger. "Right now, we are in the middle of World War Mutant and Lily needs all hands on deck. Are you ok to fight?"

Gajeel gave her a sharp toothed grinned. "Beauty I was born to fight."

[Look who is back from beyond. Hey all, I know I have been saying over and over that I will finish the stories i have started. Well I have only recently started getting back into my writting kick. I cant give you any kind of update schedule, life is falling a part at the moment. But who cares lmao. Here is the almost 2 years in the making update.]