Chapter 12

KEY:

"Other People's Thoughts"

"The third?!" Gajeel was saying, furiously, as Wendy and the others rushed into the house. It looked like a fight had occurred, but there didn't seem to be any of Etherios's men left. "Why didn't you call me? I would have—"

"You would have rushed right home," Regin nodded, her fiery curls bouncing, "that's exactly why. They weren't a problem, so I didn't need to worry you with it. We had it handled."

"Where's the old man?" Gajeel asked, looking around.

The woman chuckled. "I shoved him down into the panic shelter when I heard those men approaching the house. He's more trouble than they were!"

"Now, pixie, that's not quite fair." A man even larger than Gajeel appeared from another room, his short black hair sticking up all over his head, probably from being pulled out of bed so early in the morning. He still wore sleep pants and a grey t-shirt, but his smile was warm. When he met Wendy's eyes, his crimson ones sparkled and his smile broadened. "Is that my little Wendy?"

He held out his arms, and she immediately rushed into them, hugging her uncle tightly. "It's good to see you, Uncle Metalicanna."

"And Natsu!" her uncle chuckled, pulling him into the hug. "It's been almost 4 years since you came to visit!"

"Says the one who skipped the last family meeting," Natsu smirked.

"I told pixie to apologize for me," Metalicanna smiled, releasing them to ruffle Gajeel's hair, "and Gajeel too."

"Dad!" Gajeel complained, and Wendy didn't miss the glance he shot at Levy when she giggled.His parents didn't miss it, either. The bluenette was suddenly pulled between the two of them, Regin squishing Levy's face between her hands and examining her.

"She's lovely, Gaj!" Regin cooed.

"She'll make a perfect Redfox!" Metalicanna nodded, to which both Levy and Gajeel's faces threatened to turn the color of Regin's hair.

Natsu snickered as Gajeel cursed at them both in Russian.

"While I hate to interrupt," Erza smirked, "there are things we'd like to discuss with you while we're here."

Regin and Metalicanna released Levy and turned to her, growing serious.

"Of course," Regin said. "I assume it's about the men who attacked us?"

"Yes," Jellal told her. "They are part of an organization known as END. Their leader, Etherios, possesses special powers like your son, and like the rest of us," he motioned around the room. "And because they have been sought out by Etherios, and have denied his request to join him, he will be coming after you in order to use you as leverage against them. Most of their parents are on their way to our current safe house in Italy, with Cana's parents. Etherios cut off communication with you, so we came to ensure your safety and to send you to Italy to meet with the others."

"Won't you be coming with us?" Metalicanna asked, frowning at Gajeel.

He shook his head. "We couldn't contact Lucy's sister, either," he answered, "and she doesn't have gifts like we do, so she's in danger."

"What are you doing still here then?" Regin asked, shooing them all towards the doors. "Get going! Metalicanna and I can get ourselves to Italy; you all go make sure that girl is alright."

"See you in a couple days," Gajeel told her as they made their way to the SUV. "Sure you'll be alright?"

Regin kissed him on the cheek, giving him a wink. "We'll be fine, Gaj. You go now. See you in Italy."Stay safe, Wendy, Metalicanna and Regin both thought, smiling at her as she was ushered into the SUV.