Chapter 27

Absolute chaos.

That was the scene Natsu and Lucy arrived to. He barely noticed the rescue team make their way around the battlefield, attempting to avoid the main skirmish. He was immediately in his own battle, a woman with spikes sticking out of her skin having cut him off from following Lucy. Spikes flew out of the womans skin towards him, being washed away by the wave of water he brought up in his defense.

He had no other time to prepare as she lunged at him, her needle sharp fist slamming into his jaw. Natsu tumbled ass over teakettle before righting himself quickly, gashes causing blood to drip from his jaw. The woman was nearly on him again, and he quickly brought up a wall of ice, creating a thick barrier between them. The spiked kick that had been aimed at his chest now caused the woman to be stuck to the ice, cursing in what could only be Spanish.

Natsu swallowed as he raised his hands to the ice wall, willing himself to finish it. He knows he must, just as Regin had said. If he doesn't, she could go after someone else.

Like Lucy.

The ice wall crashes down on top of the woman, his own icy spikes spearing her to the ground. He's nearly sick at the sound, turning away as her scream of pain gurgles into nothing.

It feels like an eternity has passed, and yet Lucy has not made it far from him as she runs through the battle, the earth rising up around her as she fights. Natsu is swept into another battle, this one with a set of twins with a set of sparking batons that seem to appear out of no where.

In the next instant one is beside him, the high powered electric baton slamming into his chest. He falls back with a pained cry, his muscles convulsing as he tries to right himself and stumbles back. The second twin is in front of him, and Natsu realizes that what they posses is incredible speed. He manages to dodge the second baton, kicking the man square in the chest as hard as he can. He stumbles back, slipping on the ice that is now beneath his feet.

The small area is now a ring of ice, and as one twin tries to approach, the ice causes him to over shoot. A blade of ice now in hand, Natsu counters the next attack with a devastating slash across the mans chest. He stumbles back, his twin yelling in anger before charging Natsu. Raising the ice blade in defense, it sinks into the mans stomach, and Natsu has to turn to let the man drop.

He turns back to the injured twin, only to see a man standing beside him. The twin grips the mans ankle, blood trickling out of his mouth. "Nathan... Help me..." The man begs, coughing slightly.

The man, Nathan, looks at him with disgust in his pale green eyes, kicking his foot free. "If you can't take care of a punk like him," he holds his hand palm down over the man.

"No... No Nathan please!!" The man tries to drag himself away as Nathan brings his hand into a fist. Blood gurgles out of his mouth as he jerks, falling face first onto the ice.

Natsu pales as he realizes what the man did, the ice thinning around them as those pale eyes lock on him. "Those are just some cheap tricks boy," Nathan says calmly as water rises to his hands, slowly incasing his arms in ice. "Let me show you the true strength of water."

{What's up hatchlings, finally TMP! So I know it's short, I suck at fight scenes but I hope it wasn't disappointing. As always, please don't ask for updates, they'll come when they come}