Ivan's Home

"(y/n), wake up." Ivan shakes me gently. "We'll be at our stop in half an hour." It has been 5 hours, and I slept through nearly the full trip. I open my eyes and look around. I have fallen asleep on Russia's lap, and Russia spent the full trip looking out the window and running his fingers through my long and soft (h/c) hair. Estonia was reading the local newspaper, Lithuania was drinking a cup of coffee he bought from the snack cart, and Latvia was tapping around on his phone.

"Доброе утро." He tells me with a kiss on my forehead as I open my sparkling (e/c) eyes. I adjust my eyes to the bright light coming from the burning red sun in the sky, nearing the horizon, getting ready to set. A sudden alert coming from Lithuania's phone disrupts the silence. "I got a message from Poland," He shares. "Did you see the surprise yet?" He reads outloud. He types a few words into his phone and presses send. Another alert arrives within the next 30 seconds. Lithuania suddenly opens his leather bag, revealing something wrapped in white paper wrapper, tied in tan twine, as well as a small box of delicje cookies. Lithuania carefully unties the strings and unwraps the paper, revealing long brown sausages to go with a small loaf of bread, a few dumplings and a small note.

I hope you all like Kiełbase i Pierogi. Share the Delicje cookies with Latvia. I got him his favorite flavor, raspberry. Warm up the Pierogi when you get home. They don't taste very good cold.
- Feliks (POKSKAAAA!) ♡♡

"Feliks got us snacks, and lunch!" Lithuania breaks off a piece of kiełbasa and takes a slice of bread for himself before handing the others the food so they can take some for themselves. The bread was freshly baked, and still warm. The food tasted amazing, unlike anything I really ate before. Ivan seemed to love them. When we were all done eating, Toris packed all the food back up and put it away. The train starts to skid to a stop as we pull in the station.

"Last stop for train 105-08: Moscow. Arriving in Platform A."

"This is our stop." Estonia gets up first and waits for us by the door. We all follow. "How far is your house?" I ask Ivan. "Its a little further than the walk from the meeting to the station. It's a 15 minute walk." And just like that, we make our way through the very busy city known as Moscow.

. . .

"This is it." Ivan points to the huge building in front of us. "It's beautiful." I walk up to the huge double doors and gently push them open. The house on the inside is breathtaking as well. So well maintained, so clean, and everything is built so nicely. A fluffy gray and white cat greets us at the door.

"Sorry that it isn't clean," Lithuania apologizes. "We haven't been here in days because of the blizzard. We were supposed to clean it two days ago." I stare at him in disbelief. "What are you talking about? This is amazing!" I run from room to room, checking out every corner of Ivan's home. The Baltics head to their separate rooms, exhausted after the long trip.

"Do you think you want to move in with us?" Ivan asks me.

"Where would I even sleep?"

"There is an extra room upstairs, right next to mine. You can stay there if you want." He looks out the window at the setting sun. The sky is painted purple and red and orange as if an artist made the heavens into his next masterpiece. "It's too late for you to go home tonight, да? You can stay here for the night, and tomorrow you can go home. You can decide whether you want to stay here with me. I'll take care of the rest."

He takes me by the hand and leads me to the third floor, where two doorways sit alone, together. He gently opens the one furthest from the staircase. "This one will be yours, да?" He turns toward the other door. "If you need me, this is my room. There's no need to knock." He smiles at me, before going into his own room.

. . .

I wake up with a start. I wasn't that tired since I slept through the train ride, but my eyelids were heavy, telling me "You should be asleep now." Where am I? This room looks much bigger than my apartment! Oh right, I'm at Ivan's house. I stand up from my bed and look around the room. A small clock on the wall reads 3:08. There is a glass door on the wall that opens up to a small balcony. I twist the knob, and step onto the cold balcony floor. My warm feet melt a thin layer of ice. It had snowed here a few days ago, but it wasn't as bad as at the meeting. I reach forward and lean over the ledge to look down on the ground. A beautiful sunflower field surrounded the house, leaving a breathtaking sight.

"Доброе утро, (y/n). A little early to be up, don't you think?" A deep but quiet voice surprises me. I look behind me to see a tall shadow leaning over me. The shadow has glowing violet eyes and a scarf wrapped around his neck. He has a hint of vodka on him. The balcony is shared with Ivan's room. I haven't noticed he has been standing there the whole time. "The sunflowers look so beautiful under the moonlight." Ivan sighs. "I could stay up here all night looking at them. But there is one thing I know that is so much more prettier than any field of sunflowers." He looks at me and smiles.  "And that's you." My face becomes very hot and red. Ivan goes up to me and kisses me on my lips. His lips feel silky soft, like a newborn baby's skin.

"You should be getting back to bed soon. Tomorrow you'll be taking the train back home. We don't want you missing it." He takes my hand and leads me inside to my room. He tucks me into bed. "Сладких снов." He tells me (Sweet Dreams). He kisses me on my forehead before going back onto the balcony, where his silhouette stands for a few more minutes, then dissapears as Ivan heads back to his room.

I wait a minute or two before getting up out of my bed. I grab the blanket that was lying on the bed and step back onto the balcony and into Ivan's room. Ivan is lying down on his bed, staring onto the ceiling. He doesn't see me. I carefully tiptoe toward his bed, and lie down next to him.

"Hm, what's this." Ivan turns around and faces me. He finds that one ticklish spot under my neck, one of my only weaknesses. I burst out laughing. "Stop! Stop! I beg of you! I'll do anything! Anything!" "Anything, you say? Hm. . ." He pins me down and starts to kiss me on my neck, going slightly lower with each kiss.

. . .

"Good morning, Мой драгоценный подсолнечник. How did you sleep?" (My sweet Sunflower) Ivan wakes me up as the sunlight enters the room. Last night's change of events has got me exhausted. "Did you make up your mind yet?"

"Yes. I'm moving in. It might take a while, but it'll be worth it. I want to spend the rest of my life with you." My words make Ivan smile so much, I think he shed a few tears.

"I'll take care of the house. You pack all your things you want to bring and send them in the mail. I'll be waiting for you."

Ivan drives me to the train station, where he kisses me goodbye. It'll be a full month until we see each other again, but I look forward to that day.

. . .