Room 106

Russia and I check into our hotel room for the night, room 106. The Baltic states, as well as Poland and Prussia, are staying in the room connecting to ours.

The room itself is not that bad. Everything is nicely cleaned. The towels are carefully folded into towel animals. Two Belgian chocolates, with sea salt and caramel, are placed on the bed. The desk has a really nice swivel chair. But all my clean clothes are at home. And what about my cat, Dima? What if she starves!?

"I'm going to take a shower." Russia suddenly states. "I'll take a nap after that so you can have the bed all to yourself at night. I'll sleep on the floor at night"

This surprises me. France warned me about Russia being a scary man that could hurt me. This isn't the Russia France warned me about. He seems genuinely kind and caring, as if he puts my needs above his own.

"Listen, Russia-" I begin.

"Yes, (c/n)?" He asks.

"I appreciate what you're doing, but I . . . I just can't let you sleep on the floor."

"Then where should I sleep. We're not even friends yet, we're just acquaintances, да? How can I sleep in the same bed as you?"

I sigh and let him take his shower. My mind drifts off to thinking about what are we going to do about our stuff. The only stuff we have are the stuff we brought along with us. We don't need to worry about breakfast because the hotel serves it in the morning from 6 to 10. If I have enough money I can try to get to the mall across the street and buy something for me to wear.

I open my purse and count the bills I have. I have about 13508 rubles (215.60 USD), which should be more than enough to buy an outfit for tomorrow, and a pair of pajamas to sleep in. The snow is falling so quickly and there is already so much of it. Better now than later. There'll be much more snow then, making crossing the street virtually impossible.

I knock on the door to the bathroom.

"Russia?"

He opens the door. "Yes?" He asks.

"I was wondering if we could do a quick run across the street to the mall to buy some clothes."

"That's a good idea. I'll go with you, Да? I don't want you getting lost in the snow and getting sick."

"Thank you" I reply. I appreciate the fact that he really cares for me.

"One more thing, (y/n) . . . Will you be my friend?" Russia says awkwardly with his face a little pink.

I notice one thing I didn't really notice about Russia before. He has trouble making friends because others are intimidated and scared of how he looks, but inside he is really a sweetheart that wants to have friends, just like anyone else. He reminds me of a little child, so innocent and pure, trying to make a new friend on their first day of school.

"Of course I'll be your friend" I smile.

. . .