Chapter 6 🌙

Your POV

"Are you okay?" Fili asked as I nodded and shakily stood to my feet and looked around at out surroundings.

Kili was sitting on the floor clutching his leg and the dwarves were scattered around the little island we appeared to be on.

"I'm fine, it's nothing." Kili said as he shook off Bofurs worried glance and I looked over at him and noticed he was in extreme pain.

"On your feet." Thorin said.

"Kili's wounded. His leg needs binding." Fili said.

"There's an orc pack on our tail; we keep moving." Thorin said.

"To where?" balin spoke up.

"To the mountain; we're so close." Bilbo also spoke up.

"A lake lies between us and that mountain. We have no way to cross it." Balin said.

"So then we go around." Bilbo said offering up his idea.

"The orcs will run us down, as sure as daylight. We have no weapons to defend ourselves." Dwalin said looking at the hobbit.

"Bind his leg, quickly. You have two minutes." Thorin said and looked around quickly.

I watched the exchange before I looked at the seal on my hand and I felt a burning sensation in my mind before I was brought to another memory.

15 years old // Flashback

I laughed as Fili and kili bowed before me before pretending to drive a carriage with Kili being the driver and Fili being the carriage man.

He pretended to open a door and held his hand out and I took his hand in mine and gave a small curtsey before holding up the hem of my dress slightly and stepping inside.

"Where to miss?" Fili asked.

I pretended to think for a while before replying with a smile.

"To the stars" I said as Fili clicked his fingers and we started moving in our imaginary carriage all while laughing.

We stopped and sat down on the grass while laughing at our game.
"Where would you really go?" Kili asked as he tilted his head to the side slightly.

"To the top of a mountain to see the stars at night" I said as I looked up at the dark cloudy sky above us.

"I would find the brightest star..." I said before cutting myself off.

"And what? What's wrong?" Kili asked as he and Fili looked at me before I shook my head and flashed them a smile.

"It's nothing"

End of Flashback

I shook myself out of the memory that suddenly came back and I looked back at the dwarves to see a man standing on a rock with an arrow pointed at them.

"Do it again, and you're dead." he said and I frowned as i made my way closer to the dwarves but much slower.

"Excuse me, but, uh, you're from Laketown, if I'm not mistaken? That barge over there, it wouldn't be available for hire, by any chance?" Balin asked as he walked forward with his hands up slowly.

The man lowered his bow and I noticed that there was a barge on the river and then i thought about how we didn't notice him sneaking up on us.

The man climbed upon his barge as we slowly followed and I stood next to Bilbo.