Chapter 2 🌙

Your POV

(Insert Age)

I ran through the woods and laughed as my hair whipped around me and my feet crunched on the twigs beneath me as well as the leaves that were decorating the ground.

I wasn't running from anything or anyone I just enjoyed the feeling of the wind in my hair and the thrill and the adrenaline of running like I was being chased.

I do this often so I've developed my speed while running and over the years I've learned to run faster and to be more agile.

I stopped in my tracks as I noticed a large group of people running towards a house as they were being chased.

I pulled the hood of my cloak over my head as my hair hung on my shoulders. It had became incredibly long over the past years and I've never thought about cutting it.

I ducked behind a fallen tree and glanced over the top and noticed that whoever was chasing them was banging against the door of the house.

It failed of course and the beast left and wandered forwards the forest again as I quickly stood up and wiped my pants down before heading towards the house.

I grabbed my necklace and hid it under my shirt as it had a habit of hitting me in the face the majority of the time when I ran.

I made my way to the house and avoided the beast as I ran towards the house because I was curious as to who was in the house.
They looked like dwarves and that made me think of my two friends I made years ago.

I felt a pang in my heart as I thought of Fili and Kili because I missed them dearly and although I searched for them as promised I could not find them.

I made my way to the house and I went round the side and climbed up to peer through the window.  They had begun to set up for the night and most of them had their backs to me so I could not see their faces.

I noticed there was a rather tall man and I guessed that he must have been Gandalf as I've heard stories about him from when I passed through villages.

He was a wizard who had been around for a very long time and no one knew where he originally came from. I've never met a wizard so I have no idea what nature they possess.

I ducked down as I noticed a head towards me and I jumped down and made my way towards the forest again and prayed that no one had seen me.

However, what I didn't know was that someone had in fact caught a glimpse of my figure at the window and they in return told the leader of the group.

I cautiously looked around me incase the beast was still lurking around and I pulled a small dagger from my boot and held it in my hand for good measure.

I looked up at the sky and noticed I had a few hours to get to where I needed to be...Mirkwood.

Instead I traveled through the forest and looked for a large tree to take refuge in for the night as my journey  could continue tomorrow morning.

I found a tree I was looking for and cheered in my mind as I put away my knife and tightened the strap on my shoulder bag.

I began to climb the tree until I found a medium sized hole that I could use to make a suitable sleeping quarters of.

I grabbed the blanket from my bag and placed it inside before using the bag as a pillow although it was rather uncomfortable but It was better than nothing. 

I settled down into the tree and before I knew it my eyes were closing. I guess I didn't realise how much I needed sleep since I've been traveling for a while with little rest.