Chapter 5 🌙

Your POV

We enter to what appears to be a wine cellar as Bilbo leads us down the stairs quietly.  On the way Fili told me all the names of the dwarves and the hobbit named Bilbo.

“This way.” Bilbo said.

The elves were fast asleep on the table as soft snores escaped their lips and echoed In the vast room.

“I don’t believe it; we’re in the cellars!” Kili fumed as the other dwarves began to get angry at Bilbo.

 “You were supposed to be leading us out, not further in!” Bofur complained as Bilbo retorted.

“I know what I’m doing!” he retorted getting angry at Bofurs comment.

“Shhh!” Bofur said as we glanced at the elves that were still asleep on the table with the empty bottles of wine strewn around them.

“This way.” Bilbo said as we sneaked into a large room and we see that there are empty barrels stacked sideways.

“Everyone, climb into the barrels, quickly!” Bilbo said looking back quickly.

“Are you mad?! They’ll find us!” Dwalin said looking at the hobbit as he sighed.

“No, no, they won’t, I promise you. Please, please, you MUST trust me!” Bilbo said exasperated as the dwarves mill around until we hear a commotion in the distance.

“Do as he says!” Thorin said as they began to climb into the barrels. I sighed and tried to climb into one of the middle ones until a hand grabbed my was it and lifted me into a barrel.

I turned my head slightly and noticed it was Kili and I smiled and mouthed a 'Thank You' as he nodded and his hands left my side as he jumped into a barrel.

“What do we do now?” Bofur asked as everyone stood their head out of a barrel and watched him walk towards a lever that was sticking out of the ground.

 “Hold your breath.” he said.

“Hold my breath? What do you mean?” Bofur asked as Bilbo pulled the lever and his face scrunched up as he managed to pull it back with some struggle.

The part of the floor the barrels were resting on opened and the barrels fell out with all of us in it. 

We fell several feet as some dwarves let out grunts and I shrieked as we fell several feet into a river that ran below the Woodland Realm.

We landed in the water and I wiped my eyes as it managed to splash in my face before I steadied my barrel.

I looked back up and noticed Bilbo fall through the opening before smacking straight into the water. He resurfaced and grabbed onto Nori's barrel.

“Well done, Master Baggins.”  Thorin said as Bilbo waved a hand since he was almost half drowned.

He managed to splutter out a 'go' and Thorin spoke.
 “Come on, let’s go.” he said as we used our hands to paddle along the river.

We suddenly emerge into sunlight and I squint my eyes slightly as my pupils adjust to the blinding rays of light.

As I blink furiously I notice a waterfall in front of us and I sigh because that's the worst thing we could possibly experience now.

“Hold on!” Thorin shouted.

We plunge into the rapids and I shrieks slightly as I got soaked by the water and the strands of hair stuck to my face as I coughed.

As we come round a corner there is a guard post and the gate seems to be closing as my eyes widen in worry as we may not reach it in time.

We come to a stop in front of the gate and Thorin grabs onto it and let's out a exasperated “No!”.