Chapter 28

"Randi, let's go doctor's appointment!" Jenna yelled from downstairs. I rushed getting dressed, it's 5:45, it's almost 6:00, why would I go to the doctor's near 6:00 o'clock?

"But it's almost 6:00." I pointed out to her as a grabbed an apple to snack on.

"I know, it's the brain scan, they have to perform multiple MRI's, your almost 18 Randi, it's going to happen soon, at 6:00 to be exact." She reminded me.

I groaned, mentally face palming myself with my left hand, which I shouldn't have.

"What's that?" Jenna asked approaching me.

"Jenna let's go, we're going to be late."

"We are not leaving until you tell me what that is." She said gesturing towards my finger.

"It's a ring." I stated in a "duh" tone, while rolling my eyes.

"But why is it on your ring finger?" She interrogated crossing her arms.

"Because that's where you put rings like that." I replied vaguely, before grabbing her car keys and heading out the door.

"What kind of ring is it then?" She asked me, she already knew, she just needed clarification. I didn't answer her all the way to the Doctor's she kept staring at me.

I walked up to the front desk, checked in and waited.

"Miss Miranda Gilbert?" The nurse asked, I followed her to wear I was greeted by my doctor.

"Hi Doc." I greeted.

"Hello Miranda, I need you to change into this hospital gown so we can run the MRI's." I nodded at him before changing, the led me to the room where I lied down, Before they left the room I said.

"Hey Jenna."

"Yeah?" She asked.

"It's and engagement ring, by the way." I smirked at her as her eyes went wide before the nurses took her out of the room, great three hours of lying in this uncomfortable loud thing, just great.

Want to know the best part? I can't move, or fall asleep.

And it's almost 6:00, 5:59 to be exact, only 15 seconds to go.

That's when I screamed, I screamed the loudest I had ever screamed before black out.

***********

Damon's POV:

"So you're Tux has to sort of match her color scheme, you know, when she chooses, besides that you can choose the jacket color, but personally it's between gray and black." Caroline said pulling out the color swatches.

"Listen Barbie, Randi's not even 18 yet."

"6:00, that was 5 minutes ago."

"She was born on the time of her..."

"Yeah." She finished.

"Where is she?"

"Doctor's, she's having an MRI right now."

"Is this her last attack?"

She slowly nodded, that's all I needed to hear before speeding out the house.

**********

You know what death feels like?

it's numb, you can only feel coldness, your eyelids weigh about a ton. It's dark. You know the slight orange, the inside of your eyelids you see when you close your eyes?

It doesn't exist in death, because there is no light.

No colors, no reflection of light into the darkness to make a beautiful shade of a color.