Minimal Effort

A/N: All pictures do NOT belong to me. If they are, I'll tell you guys.

Searching Google for Ducktales memes is fun...

OK, onto the story!

<><><>

"Well, what're ya waitin' for, lad? Quick and simple." Scrooge McDuck told one of his nephews, Louie. "Just pull that giant lever next t' ya, and the bridge'll be lowered... -Be quick about it too! Because the ground is-"

Rumble!... Steadiness, silence...

"-about to hold still apparently. But still, hurry up! Dewey looks like he's going to explode!"

Scrooge, Huey, Dewey, Louie and Webby were on yet another adventure. They had to cross a deep chasm filled with hungry piranha-filled waters, a two foot ledge being the only thing keeping all the ducks separated from the dark abyss below.

Dewey had run ahead, overtaking his uncle, but then stopped abruptly by the end of the small ledge they were on. His brothers tried to catch up to him, Huey being the one to worry most about his brother's safety. Louie, having not expecting Dewey to stop so suddenly, fell down onto a lower ledge, which held an old, rusted lever on its wall. His oldest brother managed to hold on to the ground to keep him from sliding down the long, steep slope that was joined with the lower ledge.

Scrooge had then connected the dots and figured that the lever was supposed to be used to lower the bridge, in which they could finally cross the great chasm and escape their could-have-been deaths.

So now, here they currently were.

"Uuogh, but it's so faaar!" Louie whined, dramatizing to a rather far extent, as the large lever was just less than half a meter away from him. He then lay down on the hard, stone floor, spreading out his arms and legs and gave a large exaggerated sigh.

Scrooge face-palmed and sighed. "This is going to take forever." He said to himself with his thick Scottish accent.

Huey skimmed through his junior Woodchuck guidebook while he muttered under his breath, "Classic Louie."

Dewey, just rolled his eyes and groaned, really not in the mood for wasting any time.

Webby huffed slightly and decided to slowly climb down to the lowered ledge where Louie was, intending to flick the lever herself, and maybe even whack the youngest triplet a few times on the head. Though, she paused once she heard Scrooge's voice.

The triplets' uncle groaned and gave in. "Oh, fine! I'll give you a dime if you pull that lever!"

Louie's eyes widened as he bolted upright and ran straight (or just y'know, take one single step) to the huge switch and tugged on it firmly, making it move down stiffly. 

The old bridge on the wall creaked, as it ungracefully twitched down to a hundred and eighty degrees. It landed on the edge of the ledge with a loud thud.

Louis then sat down on the ground lazily, his back slumped against the stone wall, looking expectantly at his uncle.

Scrooge rolled his eyes and flicked a dime to his youngest nephew, landing just a few inches away from him.

Louie, with little effort, tried reaching for his 'payment', but it was just a millimeter out of reach. The young duckling sighed and looked at Webby, who was closest to him. "Hey, do you mind getting that for me?"