024.

MALIAH TATE

"come on ky, we gotta bounce." i said as i walked into her room. she looked up at me and scrunched her eyebrows as she looked at her Apple Watch checking the time.

"girl if yo ass don't stop. our flight leaves at 10, it's barely 8." she said as she laughed, "you really that anxious to finally see nick, ain't you?"

i looked at her and glared as she bust out laughing. i sighed and sat back in her rolling chair as i continued watching her pack her stuff. nick told me last minute that we were staying there at least three days, depends on us really though.

"so, how have you and zion been?" i asked, drinking from my water as i watched her finish packing before she looked up and smiled.

"you're asking us as if we're like a thing or something." she said laughing. i smirked at her as she continued, "but good, y'know he's amazing, he's a gentlemen even through messaging and he's funny. i actually really like him like that like not on no fangirl stuff y'know if that makes sense."

"no i get you." i responded, taking another drink from my water. "i actually think he seems to like you too. i see all that flirting y'all do with eachother in the groupchat."

she looked at me with a smile as i wiggled my eyebrows making her laugh. "shut up maliah, anyways how are you and nick doing?"

"you're asking me as if we're like a thing or something." i responded mocking her as she laughed and flipped me off in which i returned it back. "but we're doing good. i actually really like him for him y'know. he's a really down to earth guy and he's just amazing."

she smiled at me. "well i'm rooting for naliah to rise. shit you never know hopefully it might today."

i laughed and shook my head as i looked at my phone to see what the time was, 9:00am, and to see if nick texted me anything about today or just anything in general. it's funny how i went from thinking he was a cocky asshole who just wanted to get into my pants, he probably still does and is putting up an act, who knows, to me finding him nothing but an amazing and sweet guy.

"alright i'm done." kyra said as she stood up with her suitcase. mines was already downstairs with everything i needed. "i'll call the uber."

i nodded and we walked downstairs. i sat down on the couch waiting for kyra to finish. in the mean time, i went into twitter and retweeted and liked tweets before writing something

MT
@maliahtate
y'all i'm finally seeing my man today let's see how this goes

i laughed at what i wrote and hit the tweet button, pretty ironic when i'm tweeting about meeting him when we met and started texting through instagram. i shook my head as kyra came back into the living room with her stuff.

"ubers here, come on." she said. i grabbed my stuff and followed behind her as she locked the house. i made me way towards the uber as he got out and helped us with our bags as we got in.

[ TIME SKIP ]

we finally arrived to LA. man was i jetlagged as fuck. kyra and i walked out into the crowded lobby towards where we grab our suitcases. we got them as we made our way towards the outside before we seen an extremely tall man holding a sign with our name on it.

"maliah tate and kyra wilson?" he asked as we nodded. he motioned for us to follow him as we did so walking towards the uber. he helped get our stuff in as we got inside the car.

"hello miss tate, how are you? mr. simmons is very excited to see you. he has expressed a lot of it towards me when we met up so that he could tell me where to get you." he said as my eyes widened and a smile formed across my face.

"i'm good, thank you. and oh really? he has?" i asked as he nodded and looked at me through the mirror. after about 30 or so minutes, we arrived to our hotel. we got out as we grabbed our suitcases and made our way inside towards the main desk.

"names please?" the lady behind the desk asked. shit, i don't know what nick put us under. i spoke up guessing what he'd put us under which was my name, "um, maliah tate?"

she whispered my name as she looked at the computer, "maliah tate, you said? i only see a maliah simmons."

i rolled my eyes as kyra let out a small laugh, only nick would do some shit like this, "yeah that would be us."

we confirmed everything as she finally gave us our room key. i thanked her and grabbed onto the keys as we made our way towards the elevator. being in a 20 story hotel, we were on the 16th floor. really nicholas.

we got onto the elavatore kyra hit the 16th button. i hate elevators with a passion. like getting stuck on it? nuh uh nope. especially when the elevator stops at a floor, it just makes me hella dizzy.

"i can't believe nick put the room under maliah simmons, i really can't with his ass." kyra said laughing. i joined in on the laughter because i couldn't with him either.

"he's so headass i can't." i said in between laughs. surprisingly, as the elevator stopped at every floor before the 16th no one came in. thank god, i can't handle tight spaces, i'm not claustrophobic though if that makes sense.

after what felt like forever we finally made it onto the 16th floor. we got off as i looked for our room. room 1400. (my otha lil baby hey hey) we quickly found it as i slide in the key card into the little machine on the door as it opened.

"holy shit. this how you know nicholas got big money to spend." kyra said as we walked into the room. i agreed with her, the room was really big. a living room, a kitchen and two beds on the opposite sides of each other. the room was pretty spacious

"go check your bed out." i said to kyra as she nodded and we both went out separate ways. i walked into my room and looked around. man nick really outdid himself. i admired the room as it was gorgeous especially the view, wow.

i put my suitcase to the side as something on the bed caught my eye. it was a letter. i made my way over to it and grabbed it as i began to tear it open. i unfolded the letter and began reading what was written.

Maliah Tate,

i'm writing this with sharpie so if i mess up anything, i'm sorry lmao but if you're reading this then you most likely made it to the hotel safely and i'm beyond glad that you did. how do you like the room? nice isn't it? anyways i'm at the venue where me and the boys will be performing, sound rehearsing and shit. tell ky i said wassup!

i can't wait to see you, maliah.
see you soon

god the amount of butterflies that filled my stomach as i read this is insane. shit like this makes me fall for him even more then i already am. wait did i really just say that? yes my ass really did just say that wow who woulda thought. i'm falling for the kid who slid down in my dms.

SIDE NOTE —
lil authors note, hi i hope this was good enough lol there will be a part two though of where they meet and stuff. i'm already at 1.3k words and i didn't want this to be hella hella long so yeah stay tuned for part two! also pls give me your feedback on how this chapter was djsks kinda think its alil cliche and cringy lmao ugh. anyways i appreciate y'all thank you for 1.47k