13. Drama Mode

I'd had an exceptional two weeks without any drama or complicated feelings to ruin my happiness. I worked almost all the shows on WWE's schedule and I seemed to be getting more attention from the fans each night. Joe and I were on good terms, or as good of terms as we could be. When we saw each other in the halls, we'd stop and say "hi", sometimes we went as far as a hug.

Colby was his usual flirty self, making it his business to let me know how good I looked or how amazing my segment was. I still didn't know how to react to him or how to feel towards his affection. Of course Joe had told me to stay away from him but I still hadn't figured out why. I couldn't tell if it was Joe being jealous or if he really did have my best interest at heart.

"Hey, Ria," Nikki called out from down the hall with her sister, Brie, by her side.

"Hey," I smiled and hopped off the tall set of crates I was sitting on to give them both a hug.

I sat back down and the girls decided to stay standing. The Bellas had been really nice to me since I arrived at the company. They always made sure I knew what was going on and kindly corrected me if I ever did anything wrong. Nikki and Brie weren't the best in the ring but they had been there for six years and knew all the ins and outs of the business, so I took their advice to heart.

"Guess what? We just heard Mark Carrano talking and he said that for Survivor Series, all the Divas are gonna be split into Total Divas and True Divas for a seven on seven elimination match," Nikki began, playing with her hair.

"Really? Did he say who's gonna be in the match?" I asked, hoping that I'd get to wrestle on pay-per-view for the first time.

"Well he didn't name everyone but I'm pretty sure it's gonna be the Total Divas cast, obviously, so like us, Trin, Nattie, Cameron, JoJo, and Eva. Then I don't know about True Divas but probably you, Aj, Celeste, Danielle and whoever else can fill the team up," Brie answered.

Total Divas was a reality tv show that aired on E Network and focused on the WWE Divas' lives, in and out of the ring. The show was supposedly bringing in a nice audience and brought more women viewers to WWE.

Based off the alleged four members of the True Divas team, Aj, me, Celeste and Danielle, it was obvious to me that we were supposed to be the real wrestlers. We were meant to be the opposite of what Total Divas stood for.

"So if this does happen, which team do you think will win?" I asked them.

"Total Divas better win, that's for sure. We have the better team with the better wrestlers," Brie answered quickly.

"I don't believe that. Eva and JoJo are rookies and have zero experience in the ring. I think Cameron's pretty cool but she's not at all that great either. Aj, me, and Celeste are all pretty well rounded. If we get Danielle in there too, overall we have the stronger team," I countered.

I may not have liked Danielle as a person, but I had to admit that she was solid in the ring. Leaps and bounds ahead of Cameron, Eva, and JoJo, who were all there because they had pretty faces. The Bellas were hired because they had "the Diva look", not because they could wrestle well. If I were to be completely honest, Trinity and Nattie were the only ones who could repeatedly hold their own in the ring, but I'd kept that to myself. I realized what I was saying could get me into a lot of trouble but before I thought about the consequences, the words just slipped. It was obvious to me that Brie was offended.

"But me, Nikki, Trin, and Nattie have way more experience than your team."

"I don't agree with that either. Like maybe Nattie and Trin, but you two don't have more experience in the ring than Aj or me. We've been going at it for almost a decade. Danielle too. You've been doing it for six years, and even a few years ago you were only having ten seconds matches. Slap, kick, cover, it's not that hard."