Chapter Five

Yes, WWE was my dream job. But no, I wasn't excited about coming in to work. I had completely embarrassed myself at the club and I dug myself deeper into a grave with Joe. Everything that could have gone wrong last night went wrong and it was all my fault. I should have never danced with Colby, I should have never been at the club in the first place. I didn't want to hurt anyone's feelings and I didn't want to give the wrong impression, but I hadn't done a very good job at it.

But no matter what I was feeling at the moment, I had to push it to the side and be a professional. I was having my first match on RAW and I couldn't screw this up. There were thousands of women who wished they were in my position right now and the least I could do was keep my head in the game. I spent all day avoiding everyone and stressing over what happened, but I was going to have to walk out there like I was the most confident girl in the world. I was going to act like everything was fine, even though it wasn't. And I was going to do it with a smile on my face.

"This tag team match is scheduled for one fall. Making their way to the ring, the Bella Twins!" the announcer, Jillian Garcia, said as the twins strutted down the ramp with fire behind their eyes.

I tried to focus on the task in front of me. I had to get the crowd interested to some degree. If I didn't do well, my ass was on the chopping block. I prepared for the match but I started contemplating everything that could go wrong.

Looking over at AJ, she gave me a warm smile before kissing my hand that she was holding. "You'll do great," she said, transferring her positive energy onto me.

I smiled back at her before I heard Jillian begin announcing again. "And their opponents, the team of Crystal Rose and the Divas' Champion, Aj Lee!" I knew I couldn't turn back now.

AJ's music rang throughout the arena and the crowd erupted into cheers and some muffled boos. I fantasized about what it would be like to get as emotional of a response from the crowd as she did. She was quite a polarizing figure who was into comic books and video games, and was borderline crazy. Or maybe it wasn't that she was crazy, but that she was insanely good at manipulating the competition.

I skipped out alongside my best friend with a sinister smile on my face. We took hands at the top of the ramp before AJ held her title in the air, showcasing it for the world to see. I genuinely smiled in her direction, proud of her for everything she'd accomplished in such a short period of time and happy to be sharing the spotlight with her.

AJ kissed my hand before letting it go and skipping around the perimeter of the ring. Meanwhile, I jumped onto the apron and onto the middle turnbuckle. AJ came up the stairs to stand beside me before she bent between the ropes and entered the ring. I quickly hopped off, coming down on the solid, white mat. AJ flaunted her championship in Brie and Nikki's face while they both scowled in the corner. The referee tapped AJ's shoulder, warning her that it was time to begin the match. Each side took a few moments to choose someone to start.

"You just stand there and look pretty, I've got this" AJ whispered.

I backed away, eying Nikki who would also be waiting on the apron while Brie started things off. My hand nervously toyed with the white string apart of the turnbuckle. My hand was probably going to turn red from gripping it so hard but I didn't care.

The bell rang and Brie and AJ started the match by sticking their hands out toward each other to test the waters. AJ quickly got the upper hand, twisting Brie's hand behind her back. Brie stomped her feet and twisted in discomfort before using her height advantage to reverse the hold. The two grappled with each other for several moments to warm up the crowd. One second, AJ had Brie in a headlock, the next Brie had AJ's arm behind her back. Brie went to swing at AJ but she was able to duck under and caught Brie with a slap to the face.