un

half hearted - melanie martinez

• • •

As my shivering body moved around, always staying near his door, I began to hum one of my favorite melodies. One that I didn't hum for a long, long time. You could say it disappeared, right with my morals and loyalty. I truly did deserve the mark on my cheek from the coffee cup, or rather, its shards. Yes, the mug was at fault for this situation.

Hell, aren't I pathetic for blaming a mug rather than myself.

My disgusting self.

I now started to sing the song that haunted my head for the past few days. At first, I considered singing one of his songs, but I stopped that thought quickly. He kept telling me to be my own self, my own heart, soul, love.

But how can I be me when I don't even know me? He never understood why I said that, telling me to stop being so damn dramatic and smile. Smile!

» I know you think i'm not a bad person even though I fucked up, but I am. You don't know the bad side of me. You don't know how my eye twitched while laughing, after he threw his hand on...him. The cut on his cheek, the bruises on his arms, his ribs, the unwanted marks on his hips...« I stopped talking for three seconds » ...all of it, it's his. The pain is his, the cheating is his, everything bad. I gave him all of it.«

Adding another break, I allow myself to sigh before continuing.

» I gave him all my bad parts so I could give you all my good one's. «

• • •

the song I mentioned at the beginning is what I listened to while writing this, so the oneshot is kinda inspired by it. 

also i know this is super short but most of these oneshots are honestly just alternative storyline snippets (ass for short hASDHJSGFS SORRY) from books i'm writing on (and want to publish someday). anygays you can imagine this with any ship you want (or not, i'm a yoonmin enthusiast bye djgdjfghfg)!