Chapter 19: The Unbroken Cycle

Comenzar desde el principio

I felt the blades of my enemy sink into me, one after another before I stumbled backwards and feel onto my back. Once I hit the ground, they proceeded to rush pass me. I could only laugh weakly as some of them crushed my body as they stampeded across the bridged.

After a few seconds, the sounds of several beautiful explosions echoed through the air before the sounds of screams were heard. I soon felt the bridge begin to give out. I only stared up to the blue sky and smiled. I was able to protect them. I felt a smile form on my bruised face before I felt the ground underneath me give way. I soon found myself falling to my death as I continued to stare up to the sky. Nothing changes in the end, does it.

(Flashback)

I stared up to the blue sky as the wind blew the sails of our ship. Cara and I were on our back as our body and core slowly began to fade away. We were attacked by pirates hired by the Old's man faction here to kill us as we were heading towards Mistral to search for my four missing daughters.

Someone slowly walked up to me and pointed his flintlock pistol at me.

?????: "Any last words, monster?" he asked with venom in his words.

Me: "I-If my children are alive. Allow them to live. All you need is my death." I said to him feeling tears run down my face.

He nodded before preparing his pistol to shoot me in the head.

I only smiled. At least I was able to guarantee the safety of one person. Every time I die, it's always the same.

(Flashback)

After the final slash of a sword, I heard a body drop to the wet ground as rain continued to fall on me as I laid here in my own pool of blood. Today was suppose to be perfect.

Atalanta: "Teacher! Teacher! Are you ok? Say something!" I heard her say as she ran over to me.

I looked over to see her running towards me. She was covered in blood and behind her was a group of around thirty dead hunters torn to shreds. She ran up to me and quickly knelt down to me with a scared look in her eyes.

Atalanta: "I don't know what to do? Teacher, tell me what to do to save you!" she cried out to me.

I slowly reached up to her face as a smile formed on my face.

Me: "No... worry... it... ok." I said to her.

Atalanta: "No! It's not ok teacher! You're dying! ... and it's my fault. You were right, the world is a harsh and cruel place. If only you never met me! If you didn't, then you wouldn't be..." she said as tears ran down her face.

Me: "Happy... together... make... me... happy... you... live." I told her.

Atalanta: "I was happy being with you as well, teacher! Please don't leave me. There are still so many things I want to do with you, so many more things I want to see with you. I want to see the world together with you. I want to... to..." she tried to say only for her to take my hand.

Atalanta: "I want to be with yo-" she tried to say.

Everything was fading away. I couldn't hear her anymore. I could barely see her. I feel my most of my body vanishing to smoke. It felt cold. It was like the first time we died together.

(Flashback)

I floated backwards ands slowly descended down to Cara after I finished killing the last human that hunted us. This form couldn't handle it anymore. I floated down and sat next to Cara. She had it much worse than I do. She had a few arrows in her stomach, arm, and legs. I didn't know how the human body works. I did not know how to save this little human girl that showed me the world outside my home in the "Gardens".