"It's an unknown number", I said to Stacy.

"Well, pick it up"

I answered the call and placed the phone on my ear.

"Did you like the flowers?", his soft, familiar voice asked.

"Wade...", I said, taking the phone off my ear and putting it on loud speaker.

Stacy listened deliciously.

"What do you want Wade?", I asked.

"You", he said and I watched Stacy's eyes open wide as she bit her lip in amusement.

She was enjoying this too much for my liking.

"So, did you like them?", He asked.

"You can't just send flowers over here whenever you want, I have a boyfriend", I said sternly.

"I know he doesn't live with you but maybe I'll send some while he's there", he chuckled.

"You won't dare"

"Try me Bella"

I sighed.

"You of all people should know that I don't give up so easily", he said, "what are you doing tonight?"

"What's it to you?"

"Dinner?"

"No", I said flatly.

"I'll send someone to pick you up", he said, "to Iridescence, it's a nice place. You'll like it, is seven okay for you?"

And an actual restaurant this time, I thought.

"I just said no", I said.

"You're cute Bella", he same, bemused and the call was cut off.

"What the hell just happened?", I asked Stacy as I dropped my phone.

"Wade Steele doesn't take no for an answer", she smiled, "you should know this"

"I don't care", I frowned, "I'm not going. He's not my boyfriend", I gritted my teeth, "and he sure as hell doesn't know me"

Later that day, Stacy's cousin called and they were on the phone for hours. I tried to listen in on their conversation but all ii could make from it was that Stacy's aunt- the woman who had practically raised her was sick with some kind of flu. I glanced at the clock, it was just six pm so I put on a pair of jeans and sneakers with the shirt I was wearing and grabbed a jacket. I tried to tell Stacy that I was going out for a stroll but she was too engrossed in her phone conversation to notice me leave.

It was almost February which meant the winter was ending in Michigan so it was a chilly evening. A slight drizzle had fallen earlier in the day so the sidewalks were still wet and I stared at my reflection in the small puddles. The blue color of the sky was fading, giving way to the dark night. I didn't see any gathering clouds so I didn't think it was going to start raining. I decided to only walk to the end of the street and back.

The paranoia from the taxi incident set in and soon, I stopped looking at my reflection and started watching taxis go by, trying to catch glimpses of their drivers. My gaze followed one of the cabs which drove past me then I saw him. One of the men from the last time- sitting in the same yellow cab, his piercing gaze on me.

I continued to walk, glancing behind me repeatedly and I noticed the car was moving slowly, following me. I walked faster and soon; I began to jog. At the end of the street was an intersection. I looked around before deciding on entering into a store.

I received glances from people when I bust into the store but I didn't care. I noticed a young teenage boy in a purple uniform- the store's colors. He was standing at the far end of the large room and I walked up to him quickly, my head bowed in case the man followed me.

"Hi, can I use your restroom?", I asked the boy.

He smiled, "of course, it's that way", he pointed down a small hall on his left.

I walked quickly towards the female restroom, busting in and entering one of the stalls immediately. I sat on the ceramic toilet seat and pulled my legs up, wrapping one arm around it and using the other to dial Stacy's number on my phone.

"Ugh! Stacy!", I said in frustration when the call didn't go through. She was still talking to her cousin.

I heard the door to the restroom open and I froze, trying to stay silent. There was a creaking sound followed by slow footsteps. I glanced at the floor; I could see his tall, large shadow. The door to the stall I was in opened and the man in the taxi stood, an amused smile on his face.

"You shouldn't be in the ladies restroom", I said, "that's a little bit creepy

He cocked his head, "hiding in the restroom is a little bit too predictable, don't you think?'

"I'm not going with you so go back and tell your boss that"

He sighed and reached behind him, pulling out a gun, "see, I don't disobey orders", he said as he pointed it at me.

I shivered at the sight of the gun being pointed at me but I had to stay confident.

"I know you can't shoot me, Wade won't want that", I said feigning a little bit of courage.

The man rolled his eyes and pulled the trigger once. The sound was faint- not loud enough for people to outside to hear. I dodged quickly and the bullet went through the wall right above my head. I looked up at the hole in the wall and froze.

"Not this time Hun'", the man said, "I suggest you go outside now and get into the car"

I moved slowly and he shot again. This time, the bullet hit the toilet seat, just by my right leg, taking off a bit of its ceramic body with it. I shivered.

"Next time I won't miss so hurry up", he said sternly as I walked out of the stall.

***
The taxi man made sure he took my phone before I got into the taxi and it was a long ride to the restaurant Wade spoke about. After being shot at twice, I was scared again. I thought there were strict orders not to hurt me, or were the orders different this time?

The car stopped and the driver looked back at me. He grinned, "we're here ma'am"

I frowned and looked out the window. The restaurant loomed proudly under the dark night sky. I opened the door and walked out. There was slow music coming from inside.

"Want me to take your jacket?", the driver asked.

Did he forget the fact that he almost killed me half an hour ago?

"Let's just get this over with", I muttered as we walked in.

The lighting inside was dim and it only added to the beauty of the place. The music was coming from a grand piano which stood in a corner with a man behind it. His eyes were closed, his lips pressed into a thin line as his fingers ran over the keys- producing delicate music. The large windows were covered with long silky curtains and the tables, although they were all empty had candlestands on them- each one lit with dancing flames. Far back, there was a lounge area with couches and a coffee table on it.

Men in black suits stood at different positions in the restaurant. It was hard to tell if their gazes were on me because they all wore shades but the waiters in their black and white uniforms glanced at me as they moved around together like robots.

He was standing next to the table in the middle of the room. The top filled with an array of different foods. He glanced at his watch before looking up, his gaze resting on me. He grinned like a playful school child.

"Good evening Wade", I said in a sarcastic tone.

"Good evening Bella"