29 • Divided

SAM'S POV

"So what do you think?" Emily asked.

I opened up my tired eyes and tried to focus on what Emily was showing me. In her hand was a burning candle of multiple colors. The smell made my nose wrinkle up in disgust.

"It smells like burnt tires."

"Well, that's not my fault. The next time you decide to buy useless items like candle wax at the store, try to pick up some scented wax. I think this one came out pretty good my self."

"Yankee Candle couldn't have done any better. It's great Em, really." I sat up from where I was lazily sprawled on the couch to give Emily's work my full attention.

She had been on a roll the past month making one new candle every week. This was her fourth creation. And with it, went the last of the candle wax supplies. It actually did look really good. Too bad it stunk so badly.

Emily sniffed as she put her cherished creation proudly on the table next to the couch and sat down next to me. I reached over and pulled her on to my lap and softy started kissing her neck. She giggled for a moment before pulling away.

Emily glanced at me coyly and said, "So are you ready for a fun filled afternoon of shopping?"

I groaned in response. Emily and I had set the date for the wedding and booked a church and reception hall. We were now planning a shopping trip to Port Angeles to get things set up.

Emily's mom and sister-in-law, who were staying with the Clearwaters, were coming with us. Sue had been asked to go as well but decided to stay behind. Billy and Old Quil were coming over to her house for a meeting. I was taking a break from patrolling for a few hours. I had left Collin and Brady to patrol on their own for a while so that I could go shopping with Emily. I knew Jacob was around though and they only had to howl if there was trouble.

We heard a knock on the door and Emily went to answer it. Soon the air was filled with the excited chatter of Stacy and Emily's mother, Eva, from the kitchen. Stacy walked into the living room and I went over and gave her a quick kiss on the cheek.

"The girls didn't want to come with you?" I asked looking behind her for Cora and Claire.

"Cora decided she wanted to stay at home with her dad. Claire is at Sue's. She keeps crying for Quil so I think Sue was going to call and see if he could stop by. That little girl of mine sure does think the world of Quil."

Emily and I exchanged smirking glances. Stacy sat carefully down on our overstuffed living room chair. I eyed her round pregnant belly warily.

"Are you sure you're up for this?" I asked.

"Yes," Stacy snapped, before smiling apologetically, "Sorry, you sound like my husband. But as I told him, I still have a month to go. I'll be fine, don't worry."

We all piled into Eva's car and headed for Port Angeles. Emily and I sat in the back seat holding hands the whole way down. We stopped by a party store first to look at invitations and table settings.

Who knew trying to decide what to place in the middle of a table at the reception could be so challenging. The women took over and it got to the point where I just sat back in nodded. After a while I noticed Emily also sit back as she let her sister-in-law and mother take over. It was finally decided that we would have mirrors placed in the middle of the tables with candles on top of mirrors.