Chapter Fourteen

Chapter Fourteen

We both nervously walked to the castle gate, the guards opened it immediately revealing my mother looking graceful as ever. Arthur reached out for her a she gathered him up. She glanced at us both then took another look at Joshua and stared deeply,

"Jo-Joshua Tanner? It's been what a year since, and you" she moved her glare between the both of us "together, Right so dinner this way, I'll take Artie here, um you two follow." I looked at Joshua's anxious face and giggled. He looked at me warmly and held my hand. My mother saw quickly and smiled, why? We walked into the dining hall and we were greeted with warms smiles from my brothers, surprisingly, my father and Marie waiting for Arthur in the corner. I went to sit in my respective seat and Joshua was pulled behind me. We ate, while speaking politely. Mother asked Joshua more about himself and family, father often popped in his own question. It felt normal and Josh sunk right in with the etiquette and behaviour. It felt like it should. After dinner I went into the hall to bid Joshua farewell as much as I didn't want to. I wasn't sure but I felt mother watching me.

"So,"

"Thank you, I love spending time with you." He kissed my forehead and hugged me around my back. I placed my hand on his chest and around his neck and kissed him on the lips. He kissed back and parted so our noses touched.

"I love you," I whispered so I thought only he could hear.

"And I you, Amy." He whispered back, I heard noise coming up to the dining hall door and we parted grasps. My mother looked with caring eyes.

"You can stay if you want to..... Yes you can stay if you want." She wearily led by father went up the stairs to her bedroom. Joshua beamed at me and I at him. He lifted me by my waist and turned me around in the air, bringing me down softly and close to him to kiss him. Whist together, we giggled at the passing comments of my brothers. I led him to my bedroom where he attacked me and kissed me. I loved every moment of the night.

For the first time for a while I woke tangled in my duvet with arms around me. I was faced into him, my hands on his perfectly crafted chest with a scar across the middle from the incident a while back. I pecked him on the lips and looked as his eyes opened we both smiled and chuckled.

"Well good morning," he smirked, I smiled back. I hadn't had this for five months and I was glad I was with Joshua. I parted our grasps and went to the edge of my side to get my robe to put over my nightdress. I pushed my hair back and Joshua rolled onto the side of his arm. "Beautiful,"

"Really?" I crawled to him and kissed his nose he pulled me onto of him making me giggle, then he started the tickling. "No! No stop, stop" I said between breaths and giggling. He came on top of me and continued to tickle me and I continued to shouting for him stop.

"AMELIA!" Mother burst through the doors and we both craned our necks to see her covering her eyes and we giggled. "I thought you were getting hurt not tickled, keep it down my dear. Arthur slept in my room last night dear, Marie's bringing him round here in a few minutes." She left and shut the door. Josh got off me and went to get his shirt on.

"I better get home, Maisy and father will be worrying," he looked at me with sorrow in his eyes. I sadly smiled back.

"Just let me change we have breakfast and I shall come with you, um I have some clothes for you to wear" I pointed to the part of my closet containing Jack's old clothes.

"Amy I don't think I could..." He realises who's they are.

"Just a shirt please, okay?" I persist.

"Oh alright," he starts to walk to the closet,

"Oh and get me my red velvet dress please," he smiled at me, and proceeded to get our clothes. He carefully place my dress on my bed and threw off his shirt to replace it with a light blue one, Jack was always fond of blue. I was telling him to wait outside while I change, when Marie came in with Arthur. Josh took him in his arms, carefully, and waited out side. I quickly slipped into my dress and tidied up my hair. I made sure I was presentable before letting them back in. As soon as they entered, Arthur's arms reached out for me and I smiled as I spun him in the air and landed a kiss on his nose.

"See I told you, you would make a great mother." He smiled from the doorway, I rolled my eyes but grinned at the end. We proceeded to breakfast, walking slowly so that Josh could play with Arthur in my arms.

"Look at you both," my father boomed, we both looked up shocked, mother was beside him.

"Sleep well?" She asked before giggling to herself.

"Yes and you mother?" I replied politely,

"Yes thank you," she sniffed. We all had breakfast and it felt right, like Joshua should be there. I left my son in the capable hands of the staff and my mother, and Joshua and I went to his home. He was enveloped in a hug by Maisy, Dan was here also. His father greeted us and headed out to the forest. I stood and watched the family life.

"Amelia, you stole my brother last night," she mouthed a thank you which I was very confused about, Dan was here and that morning..... Let's not think about that anymore Amy.

"Did you have fun?" Dan winked at me,

"Yes and leave it mate," Josh replied for me. He came and wrapped his hand around my back and bring me from the door way.

"And how is your-" Dan gestured to the both of us, "-child?"

"Wait what?" I said in confusion, what had Josh been doing, or maybe, no he can't, well there was always the pos- no no no no! If so there is nothing left of Jack! Dan had a look of 'whoops' on his face and Josh looked in concern as I worked this puzzle. Maisy shot a glare at Dan.

"Amy? You okay?" Josh held my arms and looked deep into my eyes. I looked back worried and nodded.

"Yeah I suppose," Arthur couldn't be, he was the heir to the throne of Tibina, seeming as his father died. He kissed the top of my head,

"Are you sure?" I just nodded. The rest of the day I spent with Joshua Maisy and Dan, living like I had no child I was never a princess I wasn't different.