Chapter One

Chapter One

*knock knock*

"Yeah who is it?" I called to my door from my vanity,

"It's Percy your highness, you are no expected in the hall, Farewell." I grunted and turned back to my mirror. I tucked a loose strand of my mousy hair and pushed it down my back, flowing perfectly. I stood and brushed a little dust off my red velvet dress with a golden tie, and smoothly walked out the door.

I was halfway down the hall to the staircase, when the bells rang, fiddlesticks! I was meant to be there before the bells rand before the royalists entered. It was a meeting for all the powerful people in all the land, and as far as I know, Jack Lily Joe and Abbys were coming with their ruling parent(s). I rushed down the hallway holding my skirt up, when I bumped into someone. Before I fell the grabbed my hand, it was only Marie. My servant and best friend in this darn castle.

"Sorry, I should of seen you coming your- Amelia" she apologised. I told her a while ago not to call me your highness like everyone else.

"It's okay Marie but I gotta run!" I ran away waving goodbye. She daintily waved goodbye and continued on her way. I ran down the stairs and had gotten to the doors. I stood up straight and kept my posture. I straightened out my skirt section and Pushed open the large oak doors. I looked as everyone was sat down, father looking angry mother looking relieved. I noticed Jack and gave him a little wave.

"Sorry father, everyone" I apologised and went to sit in my chair beside my father. The meeting was about politics and I don't personally take notice, I just sit pretty by my father mouthing words at Jack and him at me.

"Now, on the topic of my daughters betrothal" My father started, I perked up.

"Um father I-" he shushed me with his hand. I wasn't prepared for this, I had only just turned eighteen. He could pick anyone. Please not Lord George please.....

"Will the suitor stand,"he directed at the room. "Don't worry Amy, we have chosen him already" he directed at me, but who? I looked around frantically,when I heard a chair move back. I stared straight in that direction, wait what? "The betrothed of my daughter, Prince Jackson of Tibina." Father announced then moved his hand to shut my mouth. I gave him an apologetic glance.

"May I, take you round the gardens?" Jack was in front of me bowing with his hand out. I looked at my parents who where edging me on. I took Jack's hand stood and curtsied.

"You may," I accepted in my most posh voice possible. Jack lead me down from where I stood and as we headed to the door I hooked my arm around his. We left the room and both started giggling, heard the meeting carry on. We basically skipped to the door, well he ran and went into the garden. I picked up my dress at the front and went over to gracefully sit on the bench.

"So Prince Jackson," I started and giggled, he came over and sat by me.

"Please call me Jack," he chuckled his deep chuckle. "You look-um-beautiful today," he complimented, I blushed a little.

"Why thank you. So betrothal huh," I sighed,

"Well I'm better than George," we both laughed, he was correct. Jack had piercing blue eyes and deep brown hair. Firm build and healthy complexion.

"Yes that that is true," I shook my head and laughed at him. We just looked at each other when I heard a cough, it was Lily. I squealed like a hyper girl jumped up and hugged her, she squealed the same. "Hi, I've missed you!" I hugged

"I missed you too!" She excitedly replied. She parted away and we both looked at Jack sitting playing previously with my hair down my back, now with his own hair looking embarrassed. Me and Lily giggled "And look who you got!" She exclaimed gesturing to Jack

"Why thank you," he said cockily.

"Yeah yeah whatever cous" yes they were cousins.

"How are you anywa-" I started to catch up when.

"Lily! We are leaving," I'm guessing by the annoyance and urgency in King James' voice that he and my father still hadn't made up. Jack hugged his cousin goodbye and I hugged her goodbye too. She waved us both good bye and we replied the wave.

"Amelia, you are needed." Albert my little brother poked his head out the door. Granted he was only a year younger than me, but still small.

"Really?" I sighed and Albert just nodded. I turned to hug Jack and went inside waving goodbye and smiling. I faintly heard Jack being to he had to leave also. I was sick of alway needing to be seen, not being able to spend time with my friends.

I entered the grand hall, " Ah Amelia, now tomorrow we shall be preparing for the engagement ball at eight, the royal dignitaries and some villagers are invited if they can meet the requirements-"

"Mother," I waved my arms in her face "engagement ball tomorrow?! Can't we just have a few days rest?" I moaned,

"No Amy, now.." I ran out the doors "Amy!"

"No I'm not doing this I need a break!" I shouted behind me, I needed to escape. Rushing down the hall I called out for Marie. I barged into my room sat and huffed in the side of my four post bed. Marie creeped in quietly and shut the door behind her. She rushed over to my side and sat on my bed also we looked at each other.

"What's happened now then?" She broke the silence,

"Oh Marie, I'm having and engagement ball TOMORROW, can't a princess just have a break?!" I flopped on my bed.

"Maybe you need to escape," she suggested. Escape that sounded good, I could sneak ou- wait,

"But what would I wear?" I whined

"I could lend you some of my clothes,"

"Yes! Thank you!" I hugged her and she hugged back.

"Princess it time for dinner," came from a servant outside,

"Okay," I directed at him "Now leave me your clothes I shall leave in the morning, can I have them here before I'm back from dinner?" She nodded and I smiled then we left my room and went our separate ways. I was dreading dinner today, I normally love it. The cooks here really outdo themselves. But there is going to be some tension.

I entered the dining hall, and mother and father stared at me straight away.

"Hi Amy," Alex perked up, that little rascal is five years, give or take, younger than me. Youngest if the three of us.

"Hello Alex" I went to sit in my seat between them both, ie Albert and Alex. Mother glared at me and I put my head down.

"How's lover boy? And don't deny it I saw you!" Albert teased,

"Albert!" Father exclaimed "If you must know he will be your brother in law" Albert's jaw dropped and Alex didn't notice, he was too busy eating.

"What, she's getting married?" I blushed a little,

"Yes I am Albert no to-"

"Late!"

"Father! Not for a few months yet year if I can please?"

My father looked to my mother, "Amelia, we can't it's for the kingdom," she tried to debate,

"What about me? You know what," I stood up pushing my chair back, storming to the door I turned to say. "I can't do this anymore, I need a life!" I stormed to my room, and sunk against my door, a tear trickled down my cheek. I peered over my bed and saw Marie had put the clothes on my bed already, maybe I could go now? It was only around five in the afternoon. I stood and untied my red velvet princess dress and let it flow to the floor, picking up the villagers dress. Quaint and brown with a little waist coat and brown pumps. I then went to my vanity and took out my hair jewels that ran around my head and forehead. I grabbed the cloak Marie gave me and tied it around my neck, folded my ringlets up in the hood.

I poked my hooded head out the door and ran down the hall, holding the hood in place. I ran to the glass garden doors and proceeded to leave. I knew a secret door that led out to a forest, where if you follow a path you would come to the kingdom. I pushed the door open and took a last look and left.