Chapter Six

Chapter Six

I walked back into the crowd as another fellow took the piano, suddenly I was pulled into an alley.

"Please don't hurt me!" I rushed, then I looked at my captor, "What do you want?" I pulled my arm from his grip and brushed my shoulder, I was against the wall.

"I'm sorry, okay. I-" I put my hand in front of his face,

"Save it for someone who cares," I walked away and he said behind me.

"You said you did," he whispered,

"I was-" and still am "-Stupid. Farewell Mr Tanner." I carried on on my path, a girl bumped into me, I immediately apologised,

"Oh Hi Amy, hey wanna come with me?" Maisy enquired, and I couldn't say no to a cute face like that. We walked to a bench and sat down.

"So what's wrong?" Why did she want me?

"What's going on between you and Josh?" My eyes opened wide,

"Nothing, I hardly even know him."

"Well, he is musical-"

"Evidently." I interrupted as he had performed a while a go,

"He is caring, will do anything for those he loves, um he cooks well, but I only really know his cooking so I don't know any different apart from my own which is only just edible."

"How come? You only really know his cooking that is?"

"Well, before I was born Josh said,was told by our nan, our father had gone missing one day in the woods, and shortly after I was born. But because of my birth, our mother became ill and died. We were looked after by our Nan, who can't really cook, until I was fourteen. When she died, Josh did everything for us, all he could. He already could cook though." She smiled, I realised how much better my life was compare to theirs. I had my Mother Father and I had siblings, two not one.

"But anyway. Your so easy to read!" She giggled,

"I beg your pardon?"

"You can tell what you love hate and are like,"

"What are those things then?" I quizzed her,

"Well you are graceful well mannered, creative. You hate being ruled over and love...." She looked in the direction of the piano where Joshua was playing once again,

"The last was wrong, I love my fiancé, the prince of Tibina." I tried to convince her and myself.

"I wish someone loved me, no one does apart from family, and that's just Josh."

"Someone does, there is someone for everyone."

"Even more than one for some." She nudged me.

"I have to go now Maisy, thank you for the talk." I stood away from the bench in the correct direction.

"Oh Kay, bye!" I went back to the castle without giving him another look. Today was a gathering day, where the dignitaries gather for a chat and dance, with a buffet. I was greeted by Albert in the foyer, looking drawn and tiered, panting.

"Oh Amelia help! There are so many people!" He pleaded, I chuckled

"Oh Albert, it's just the dignitaries from the countries." I teased, put my cloak to a side and entered the room. He was right, there were plenty of people, but over years I was used to this every four month event. Albert and Alex don't normally stay. I instantly spotted Lily and Alexia and ran to them.

"Amelia!" Alexia hugged me as a greeting.

"Hi," We all chatted about how things were going they said that they had not found suitors but Lily commented she saw a villager one day in the kingdom, she was hopeful for the future, I wish I had the option to... No I can't. They were so in sync with each other. Lily and Alexia were twins, their birth caused the death of the Queen sadly, but they had an older sister named Anne. Lily and Anne had deep blonde hair like the king and Alexia had deep brown hair, like Queen Alexandria their mother, all straight. They all had blue eyes as that was their mother's colour. Our family has had green eyes for generations, when my father found my mother, he said he had commented on her rich green eyes I inherited, Father and brothers had a lighter green in the eyes.

The hall bells rang and we all look up to My mother and father on the platform, My mother with her hair in a neat bun, slightly darker than mine looking graceful. My father looking regal.

"We are pleased to announce," The King started,

"That the wedding of The Princess of Alaryiou and Prince of Tibina will be in Four months." Wait what? Four months! No, oh no. While I was fretting over the fact my life was practically ending soon. Lily and Alexia were jumping for joy, whilst most people clapped.

Lily went to get a bit of food, whist Alexia was babbling about how I was so lucky to have Jack, and how she wanted what I had, she was quite welcome to it!

"Hello my princess," arms entwined behind me as I was in the middle of talking to Alexia,

"Aw cute!" Alexia exclaimed, I rolled my eyes at her, Jack chuckled behind me.

"Jack, I'm not going to be ready in four months I-" he put his finger on my lips,

"You'll be fine, we both will," he reassured me, squeezed me tight and stood to my side, his hand reaching around my back on my waist.

"I have to leave now, we are going home. So we have leave early so-" Lily had rejoined us was announcing they had to leave when,

"LILY! ALEXIA!" Anne was sliding through the crowd towards us she stopped and stood by the sisters. Anne was around 24, she married four years ago to a Knockta dignitary. She and her husband has had A daughter aged four around and a son around two, rumour has it she was expecting again. Anne was always more sensible, solemn and sophisticated.

"We have to leave, father is getting restless, I apologise for this but he dislikes your father very much. I do not know why.-"

"Maybe because they took the best suitor," Lily commented, I blushed

"Anyway fare well Amelia Jackson-" she curtsied.

"Jack" he corrected her, she humft and walked off with Lily and Alexia waving behind

"Well, the gathering is almost over." Kissed my temple.

"I'm too tiered Jack, besides I have to get up early to start wedding preparations with Mother." I kissed him on the cheek and said goodnight to everyone. I left to my chambers, I was relieved to be alone, with my thoughts not so much. The next four months are going to be tricky...