Chapter Seven

Chapter Seven

The past months were a blur for me and the family, although Albert Father and Alex didn't do much. It was a week before the wedding and I was allowed to the village to see the happenings, I hadn't been down in months.

{Couple of Days beforehand- Joshua's p.o.v}

I kept my hood low as I slunk through the forest, it's been months, well two or three nearly four, since I or anyone in fact had seen the Royal Family. They were preparing for the wedding, me and Maisy still had our clothes that was leant to us by Amelia so long ago, and everybody was invited, so I intended to attend. Lost in thought I was pushed against a tree, getting slashed across my chest. I cried out in pain, an arm held me there. My hood fell down to see the man who months before had attacked or attempted to attack Amelia.

"That's for knocking me out, I wasn't really going to do anything to her. I'm not that sort of person." He looked deep into my eyes, his voice sound so much like my own only much deeper and rougher. His eyes blue like sapphires and his hair a dirty brown, almost to be mistaken for black. He stared lost at me,

"Joshua?..." My chest hurt, it wasn't a deep cut, more like a lightish graze.

"How do you-you know me?" I struggled to stand, he removed his arm and held my shoulders as he followed me to the floor.

"I-I, I'm your father," fighting through the pain, I had to question him.

"H-h-ow come you left? If you are in fact who you say you are." I struggled

"I was being chased, I'm so sorry, we need to get you home where your mother can-"

"Dad,-" I put a hand on his chest "-Mother has been dead for seventeen years." It hurt me to say that, to realise my mother had been gone for so long.

"But how-"

"Just get me home, else Maisy will be worrying." He stood me up and we walked back to the kingdom through the forest.

"Maisy?" He raised and eyebrow,

"My sister," I blacked out,

"Joshua? Joshua?" Was fading as I fell asleep.

I woke to Maisy on my bed, she threw her self at me and I winced,

"Sorry, fathers making some soup. Are you alright?"

"Yeah how long-"

"Ah only an hour give or take, you lost a bit of blood but we patched you up"The last part was evident as I had a bandage wrapped around my chest. I was glad she knew me well enough to make the right answer without me finishing.

"You're up then." Father came in, I looked at him properly. His eyes blue hair deep brown but dirtied from many years living in the forest I suppose. He was a built man and looked very strong, but his face kind. Like mine but more defined as my mother made my face rounder. He smiled at me and I weakly smiled back.

"I don't know what to say Joshua I really don't, and I feel sorry wouldn't cover it." He sat on the other side of my bed and looked at my sister who smiled with her hair down her back.

"It's okay your here now, we have more family." Maisy beamed at my little sentence,

"You look so much like me and you young lady like your mother, but you both have her rich brown eyes," he was reminiscing in his thoughts, maybe life would be going up now

{Back to Amelia's p.o.v and when she is going into the village.}

I walked though the streets, wearing my favourite dress,I had missed this though I had done it few days. I knew where I wanted to go, to make up for things. Everything was going to change for me in a week, and it might for him also. I took a deep breath as I reached his door, I held it as I raised my hand and gently but loudly knocked on the door, letting out my breath. It was opened by Maisy, she squealed excitedly and hugged me. We said our hellos and she invited me in. I looked around to see a tall man, built, sitting on the bench. He smiled and waved and I looked at his eyes. With a gasp I put my hand over where my graze had been.