A Replacement Father

"HELA!" Came the scream. It was not a scream of sadness, defeat, excitement, or fright. It was a scream of anger. Tony Stark's scream of anger to be precise. And he was screaming my name. Oops.

Then I remembered. Yesterday I had hacked into JARVIS and turned his voice into one of an old women. That's what got him so angry. I almost wished I hadn't done it; Tony had always been so nice. But hearing him nearly in hysterics as he tried to fix his beloved AI butler was worth the punishment. Any punishment.

Especially once Pepper saw what I had done. She'd laugh her head of at JARVIS' new frail, quavering voice. Anything to make Tony mad.

And she'd have plenty of time to savor the moment, as I had made sure that JARVIS's new voice was to last until midnight, tonight. I had a good six hours more to relish my victory.

Oooh, revenge was sweet.

Just yesterday, Tony had introduced the idea of enrolling me in a public school. I had disagreed immediately. I was already rather smart, thanks to my love for reading, and I lived with a genius millionaire playboy, so I had picked up lots of new information. I didn't believe that I needed schooling, as my daddy was going to come and get me any day now. Of course, I had been waiting for him for almost a year now, but I wasn't about to give up hope on my daddy. Never.

So I sat still and waited for Tony to come punish me. Of course, the second Pepper found out about what I had done and how Tony had sent me to my room without dinner, she'd come barging in, as always, to free me from my misery. Pepper always seemed to come home to me in my room, staring at the wall, making illusions of myself, Tony, Clint, Nat, she even walked in once to me conversing with a mute illustration of my father once. It was then that she decided that Tony needed to become more of a father figure to me. He had then spent the next day, much to his displeasure, watching cheesy Disney movies with me as Pepper suggested. The second she left to go home for the night, we had pulled out what Pepper had classified as "big kid" movies. However, these movies were no more gruesome than stuff I had seen as an Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D., and I had enjoyed them even more. We watched Star Wars, all six episodes in a row, dozing off between large light saber fights, waking up to every time JARVIS blasted the loud theme song as we changed to the next movie.

Tony was a fun dad figure, but he wasn't my dad. He could make a metal robot of my father, while my real dad would make a life size, perfect replica of a person out of an illusion. Tony couldn't perform magic, or comfort me at night if I got scared, or teach me how to throw my knives better. No, he wasn't my dad. But at the moment, he was all I had.