20th REBOUND

20th REBOUND

Jeron's jaw literally dropped as he heard the words uttered by Joanna.

"Well then Jeron, I'm Joanna Rianne Robles and you used to call me Riri." This statement kept on playing inside his mind as he was already lost in his bubble of thoughts.

It took time for him to compose himself. As soon as he gathered his wits back. He flashed a fake smile, took Joanna's hand and shook it.

"Oh hi." was all Jeron could ever muster as she was still mesmerized and in a state of euphoria. Joanna didn't fail to notice this as she giggled at his expense.

"Jeron ano ba! I know I've been out of touch for a long time pero ako pa rin naman 'to, si Riri." Joanna said as she pouted like a kid in front of Jeron.

Jeron's lip crept upward as he managed to smile at Joanna's cuteness. He scratched his nape at the thought of not remembering anything about the two of them. "So you're Riri?"

Joanna chuckled again as he clasped Jeron's cheeks and pinched it. "Oo nga, ang kulit!" She replied as she suddenly sobered up.

"Hindi mo ba talaga ako naaalala?" Joanna asked as she looked at Jeron directly in the eye. Joanna's disappointed expression made Jeron feel uneasy that he hastily shook his head in response.

Jeron heard Joanna sigh as he scratched his nape again in disbelief. "I want to know more about her, about us. But I bet, she's so turned off." He thought as he let out a a heavy sigh.

Jeron was shocked when Joanna folded him into a warm embrace as she whispered, "Don't worry, I'll help you remember everything."

Their embrace lasted for a minute or two. Joanna broke free from their hug and she gave Jeron a peck on the cheek, making Jeron flush bright red.

Joanna gracefully went to the kitchen as she tied her apron and went to check Alysh's fridge. "I prepared chicken cordon bleu nga pala for us Tita, kaso frozen pa siya so we'll have to wait para ma-defrost. Upo na po muna kayo diyan."

"You know how to cook pala hija?" Susan asked as she sat at one of the chairs in the mini bar.

"Opo Tita, I took up culinary dito pero one sem lang, I decided to shift course kasi medyo mahal yung tuition sa first course ko. Pero marami na naman po akong natutunan." Joanna corteously replied as she hastily grabbed the kitchen mitts, checked something on the oven and took out the roasted turkey that she prepared.

"Wow Jo! Para naman tayong magtha-thanksgiving meal nito!" Alysh exclaimed in excitement as she helped Joanna fix the table. "Ma, masarap 'to magluto si Jo." She blurted out as she laid the plates in place.

"I know Alysh! The aroma of the foods pa nga lang eh, parang ang sarap-sarap na." Susan seconded as the three of them chortled. "Hindi naman po Tita." Joanna humbly replied.

"Hija do you have rice here?" Susan asked as her question earned a series of chuckle from Alyssa and Joanna. "Don't worry po Tita, di po kami nawawalan ng kanin dito." She replied.

"Jo, how's Tito? Is he okay na?"  Alyssa asked as she watched Joanna grab the defrosted chicken and deep fried it.

Joanna turned to look at her and flashed an excruciated smile. "Okay na naman, pero ongoing pa rin ang chemotherapy niya."

"Where is he hija? Is he here?" Susan interjected.

"Wala po, he's in the Philippines. Akala ko nga po nagkikita po kayo eh." Joanna plainly replied.

"Hindi na eh, sobrang busy na kami sa business kaya wala na kaming time to visit him." Susan smiled as she looked at Joanna intently.

"Ahh ganun po ba?"