15th REBOUND

15th REBOUND

Cheers loud and proud can be heard as the artistic sound produced by the drums which almost felt like roars enveloped the arena.

The second face-off of the greatest rivalry in basketball history is about to unfold in this Cuneta Astrodome.

Not a single bleacher is vacant as the seas of blue and white, black and gold filled up the bleachers in the arena.

Even more blatant cheers filled up the Big Dome's atmosphere as the players of both Ateneo and UST ingressed the venue and headed to each of their dugouts.

The Babble Battalion and the Salinggawi Dance Troupe led the audience as they chanted the names of their very own players.

Different TV personalities, and athletes from other schools arrived to witness this breathtaking match that UST and Ateneo is yet to offer. The audience count felt like it's already the rubber match of the Finals.

The Blue Eagles were all fired up as they prepped in the dugout, except for one who's fidgeting in his seat and cupping his face in frustration.

"Hoy! Anyare sa'yo Paps? Di ka mapakali?" Nico shouted blatantly as he patted Kiefer's back.

Kiefer rubbed his face again skeptically before he lifted his head and looked at his senior, "I feel so weird lately. I can't explain whether it's a good feeling or a bad one. Tss, ewan ko ba!"

Nico chuckled at him tapped his head, "Wala yan! Brush the negativity away, stay focused! We have a game to win!" He said as the rookie weakly nodded, "Sama ka sa'kin?" He asked.

"Saan naman?" Kiefer asked as he arched his brow.

"Basta! Are you coming or what?" Nico impatiently replied as Kiefer stared at him for a moment and just followed him.

The two went to the Patron side and saw Jeron, Gretchen and Susan who are all wearing their identical 'Team Ateneo' shirt. The two went near them and corteously greeted the three as Nico gave Susan a peck on the cheek.

"Oh andito pala kayo boys, good luck! H'wag niyong masyadong pahirapan si Jeric! Malalagot kayo sa'kin!" Susan joked as all of them chuckled.

"Ay di po namin mapapangako 'yan Tita. We'll do our best to bag this one." Kiefer smugly retaliated as his statement earned a series of chuckles.

"By the way, where are your parents the both of you? Are they here to watch?" Susan asked the two who just shrugged their shoulders in response.

"Susunod daw sila Tita eh, ewan ko baka andito na rin yun." Nico answered as Susan nodded in response.

"What are you doing here by the way?" Jeron uninterestingly asked as he brushed his fingers through his hair.

Nico smirked at him and laughed, "Sungit nitong si Shoti! Wala lang, hihingi lang sana ako ng confidence booster." He smugly said and eyed his girlfriend.

"Oy! Oy! Anong confidence booster ang sinasabi mo diyan hijo?" Susan asked as she mischievously stared at Nico then to Gretchen, causing her daughter to fluster.

Nico chuckled and sat at the bleacher beside Gretchen, "Isa lang naman po Tita."

"Ano bang pinagsasabi mo?" Gretchen asked as she crossed her arms in her chest and arched her eyebrows as a defense mechanism to keep herself from blushing.

Nico pointed his right cheek and smiled mischievously, "Please?" He pleaded, using a little bit of her charms.

Before Gretchen could retaliate, her mother laughed lightly and patted her shoulder, "Pagbigyan mo na yan! Nang makaalis na. 'To naman boyfriend mo naman yan eh."