19th REBOUND

19th REBOUND

Jeron felt an arm drape around him as he buried himself under his duvet. He popped out of it to take a peak. He then saw Almira and Gretchen looking at him with both twinge and pain expressed on their eyes.

"What?!" Jeron asked the two in an abrasive manner. The two just looked at him dearly and soon folded him into a warm and comforting hug.

"SHOTI!" Both girls cried as they hugged Jeron tighter. Jeron's irritated face lightened up as he returned the hug of his sisters.

"Dichi, Sachi..." He paused for a while as he wasn't able to find the right words to tell them. He pulled them tighter as he let go of the tears he was trying to hold back since yesterday.

The three remained in that position for a short while until Gretchen broke free from the hug. "Are you ready?" She asked.

Jeron glanced at the luggages beside his bed for a while and then turned back to them, "I think so... I-I just couldn't face the thought that this would be the last time that I'd see the both of you."

"HEY WHO SAID THAT?!" Almira shouted vociferously as she biffed Jeron by the arm, causing him to retaliate. "25:75 success rate Sach, so making me believe that I'll survive is so absurd. It's helpless, so you better prepare yourselves. I better prepare myself, I'm going to die."

"Don't say that Shoti. You will and you can." Gretchen admonished. A long and comforting silence enveloped the four corners of Jeron's room. The only thing that can be heard is their sighs and the ticking of the clock.

"Dichi, Sachi, if this would be the last time that I'd see the both of you. Kung talagang bilang na ang mga oras ko, before I leave, can you please tell me who's Riri?" He asked.

"WHAT YOU DON'T KNOW RIRI?" Almira squealed. "BUT SHE'S---" Almira wasn't able to finish what she was about to say because Gretchen's palm landed on her mouth and tried to cover it.

Jeron averted his gaze from Almira and looked at his Dichi with his eyebrows furrowed. Gretchen chortled a bit and the other side of her lips lifted as she flashed a half-smile. "Survive. Make it. And you shall know." Gretchen casually replied as Jeron's chinky eyes widened.

"DICHI?!" Jeron screamed as he scratched his nape in disbelief. "Basta shoti, make it and you shall know who's Riri."

Jeron rolled his eyes and groaned as he buried himself again under his duvet. "Umalis na nga muna kayo! I need some sleep!" Jeron demanded as both girls giggled and walked out of Jeron's room.

"I got this. I got this. I'll make it. For myself, for my family, for Riri." He mentally noted before falling asleep again.

***

"Mag-iingat kayong tatlo. Jeric, ikaw yung lalaking maiiwan dito so you better take charge. Ikaw din Gretch, ikaw pinakamatanda sa inyo, take care of Jeric and Almira, wala kami ng Papa at Achi niyo." Susan admonished as she clasped the three.

Jeric and Gretchen blobbed their heads in response as they soon turned to Jeron and hugged him.

"Shoti..." Gretchen said softly as she harshly wiped her tears away. "Remember what I told you, you got this, you must come back. Promise me."

"I will Dich, I promise I'll make it." Jeron plainly replied as he broke free from his elder sister and brother's hug. "Shoti, take care and good luck." Jeric said receiving a faint nod in return.

"Oh tara na Shoti! Baka ma-late na kami sa flight namin. Bye na mga anak, take care of yourselves!" Susan said as she gave each of them a peck in the cheek.