7th REBOUND

7th REBOUND

Kiefer's eyes were focused on the road while he was driving when he noticed that the Teng siblings, Jeron and Gretchen already had fallen asleep. Gretchen was on the front seat beside him while Jeron was on the back with Alyssa.

They got stucked in the heavy traffic along EDSA when they were on the way to their subdivision. Kiefer paused for a while and did some stretching while waiting for the traffic to go on. While doing some stretchings, he caught a glimpse of Jeron resting his head onto his sister Alyssa's shoulder at the mirror.

"Oy Baldo! Ano yan ha? Mahiya ka, your Kuya is here! Ba't nakahiga yang si Shoti sa mga balikat mo?" Kiefer asked his sister teasingly causing Alyssa to blush furiously.

"Kawawa naman si Jeron Kuya ano? Wala kayang unan dito sa likod, he might not feel comfortable especially with his injury." Alyssa countered what his brother aforementioned.

"Oh, is that why you lend him your shoulder Baldo? Bakit kapag si Kuya hihiga sa balikat mo lagi mo na lang akong pinapaalis kasi lagi mong sinasabi na nabibigatan ka! Where's justice in that sissy?" Kiefer retorted stifling his laughter.

Kiefer's car was enveloped with silence when Alyssa paused for a while thinking for some answer. "Oy hindi totoo yan Kuya ah! Madalas lang talagang pagod 'tong balikat ko, you know naman, volleyball player ako." Alyssa refuted her brother's statements.

"Wag mong sabihin na ngayon hindi ka pagod! You had your training earlier before you headed straight to the Arena. For sure pagod ka!" Kiefer answered.

"Cut it off Kuya! I was just being nice to Jeron kaya! I just want to make him comfortable okay? May injury kaya si Jeron, it's the least I can do to ease his burden!" Alyssa replied softly but with emphasis, just trying to make sure that the two's slumber won't be interrupted.

Kiefer just chuckled at his sister's reaction and raised both his hands up in the air. "Okay! Okay! Talo na ako, I surrender." Kiefer told Alyssa still chuckling. "By the way Baldo, what did Jeron told you kanina? Maaari ko bang malaman?" Kiefer asked Alyssa, now changing the topic into a serious one.

Silence occupied the two as Alyssa just stared at Kiefer blankly as if trying to remember something. Kiefer noticed the look on Alyssa's face, the speechless kind of look. He snapped his fingers in front of Alyssa to cut her off her trance and to bring her back to his senses.

"Huy Baldo! I am asking you, what did you and Jeron talked about kanina?" Kiefer asked Alyssa again. This time, Alyssa just heaved a deep breath before she answered her brother's inquiry.

Alyssa Ravena's Point of View

"J-jeron a-asked m-me" I answered hesitantly while stammering. Oh God! Paano ba 'to? I can't tell Kuya what we discussed back there. Nakakahiya.

"Huy Baldo! Mag-relax ka nga muna! What did Jeron asked you?" My Kuya asked me for the nth time this night again. Okay Alyssa, relax. Inhale, exhale. Just tell the truth.

"Kuya, Jeron asked me if he can court me daw." I replied thoroughly with my eyes both shut and bit my lips.

***

Kuya Kief and Dichi Gretchen both made their way through the crowd and headed straight to Kuya's car. I caught Jeron staring at me, and it seems like his stares nailed me at my current position. It took me a few minutes before I came back to my senses, and seems like Jeron has been smiling like hell at my reaction. 

To ward the awkwardness off, I sat right next to him and looked at him straight into the eyes, "What is it Je?" I asked him seriously.

"B-Baldo, I mean Ly, I have to tell you something really important. This is kind'a weird though but I have to get straightly to the point kasi your Kuya and Dichi are waiting at the car." Jeron said thoroughly.