16th REBOUND

16th REBOUND

The fan girls shrieked in unison and giggled as they heard what the woman said. Instead of leaving with disappointed faces, the girls walked out of the arena with an ear-to-ear smiles plastered on their faces.

Kiefer was glued on his feet and froze as he saw the woman standing in front of him. "Two months, two hell of a month." He mumbled to himself.

"You won, I woke up." The girl said giggling and winked at him, after a few minutes, she burst into laughter and just chortled at Kiefer's expense.

"Hoy Ravena ano ba! Hindi naman ako na-inform na nung na-comatose ako na-pipi ka na pala." Mika tried to say in between her chuckles.

"M-Mika." That was all Kiefer could utter as he folded her into an embrace and wiped his tears away.

Mika pushed him lightly in his chest to loosen up their hug, "Aray naman Kiefer! Dahan-dahan naman, kanina lang ako nagising eh, hindi pa ako malakas."

Kiefer kissed her forehead and broke free from their hug, "I-I missed you. Kailan ka pa nagising?"

"Kanina nga lang, ang kulit! Medyo gising na 'ko nung sinabi mo yung 'I win, you wake up' line mo!" Mika replied while stifling her laugh.

"Hoy tama na nga yang harutan niyo!" A familiar voice coming from behind spoke up.  They both looked at their backs and saw Nico and Gretchen, simpering at them.

Mika's eyes began to water and ran towards them, "Kuya! Ate Gretch!" She said as she folded them with both her arms and into a hug.

"I missed you both!" Mika said in between her sobs as Gretchen and Nico just chuckled at her expense.

Nico broke free from Mika's tight hug and patted her head, "Two months and a half Sleeping Beauty! Hibernation is over!"

Mika chuckled and wiped her tears skeptically, she punched her cousin's shoulder lightly and said, "Congrats Player of the Game! Galing!"

Nico just chuckled and ruined her hair just like a little kid, "Oo naman no, ako pa!" He smugly replied. "Tara sa van Kief, dinner tayo sa bahay, nag-pahanda ako kay Manang, andun na yung iba pati si Baldo." He added as he shifted his attention from Mika to Kiefer.

Kiefer just nodded in response and the four of them headed to the carparck, where Nico's van is. They stopped over at Margie's to buy some desserts and then headed back to Nico's home.

***

One of the Salva's maids opened the gate for them as Nico pulled the car over in the garage. They got off the car and headed to the backyard. They were all settling down in the gazebo when Jeron arrived.

"Oh Shoti! 'kaw pala. Where's Mom?" Gretchen asked her younger brother, the moment he sat beside her. Jeron's eyes were focused on Mika, with a shocked expression written all over his face.

He realized that he's been gawking at him and immediately diverted his attention to his Dichi, who's brows are arched as if waiting for his answer.

"What was that again?" Jeron absent-mindedly asked as Gretchen rolled her eyes over and sighed, all eyes were on the both of them now.

"Sabi ko, asan si Mama." Gretchen irritably replied as she crossed her arms on her chest.

Jeron chuckled a bit and replied, "She's with Doctor Valiente, they're examining the tests that Mom performed on me. Init ng ulo ah!"

"Whatever!" Gretchen retorted.

"Babe, tama na yan. Before anything else kumain na muna tayo. Masamang pag-hintayin ang pagkain." Nico reprimanded his girlfriend as he blessed their food and ate.