17th REBOUND

17th REBOUND

Mika Reyes' Point of View

I entered Kuya Nics' room without knocking on his door. I saw him crying and I was glued on my feet for a second. It was my first time seeing him like this, it's the first time for me to see him cry.

"Mika umalis ka muna dito please!" He demanded as he buried his face on his pillow. And because I'm the obedient kind of cousin, hindi ko siya sinunod.

I moved closer to him and sat on his bed, "Umiiyak ka rin pala Kuya?" I asked as he lifted his head to see me and he arched his brow.

"Tao rin ako, may pakiramdam." He plainly replied as he buried his face on his pillow again. I just sighed and patted his back.

"You can tell me what's happening. Bukod kay Ate Gretch ako lang ang pwede mong pagkatiwalaan." I said to him assuringly as he slowly sat up straight and turned to me.

He twiddled with his fingers and heaved a deep breath, I'm growing even more curious because of his actions, "Wala na kami ng Ate Gretch mo."

My jaw nearly dropped as the words he just uttered dawned on me, wala na sila ni Ate Gretch? Then I remembered what Ate told me earlier,

"Please promise me na dito ka muna mag-stay ngayong gabi. Wag mong iwan ang Kuya mo. And please don't hate me."

Now I fully understand, kanina kasi I just brushed the thought off because I was too busy crying over that pesky Jeron Teng. Tiny red spots caught my attention and I looked at his blanket.

"Oh My Gosh dugo! What did you do Kuya? Naglaslas ka ba?" I asked him panicking, and he just narrowed his eyes at me.

"Wala! Yung kanina yan!" He said and covered his mouth, and with that, alam kong may tinatago siya.

I easily understand what he meant and just smirked at him, "At talagang may remembrance kayo bago naghiwalay! Kaya pala hindi na bumalik sa entertainment room kanina!" I teasingly said and he furiously blushed.

"Sabi na eh." I murmured but quite sure that it was audible enough for him to hear.

I just gawked at him and he kept on avoiding my stares. He snapped back to his senses and easily composed himself, he narrowed his eyes at me again and asked, "Bakit parang okay lang sa'yo na wala na kami?"

I looked at him again and flashed a confused look, "Hindi naman okay sa'kin na wala na kayo. I just know na babalik siya sa'yo. There's so much more to life than what you're feeling now. Let her find herself first, whatever her reason is, sure ako para rin yun sa'yo, sa inyo."

He smiled at me and mouthed thank you. I was about to utter another word when my phone vibrated and started ringing, I stared at the screen  for a short while and I couldn't help but smile.

Corny Kiefer calling...

I eagerly answered his call and I heard him shriek from the other line, "Hi! Miss me baby?" He said and I chuckled.

"Shut up! Ikaw ang tumawag! So ikaw ang naka-miss sa'kin! What do you want this time?" I retorted and I heard him laugh his ass out from the other line.

"Do you have something to do tomorrow? I mean, are you free? Please tell me yes naman!" He said in between his laughs and I just snickered at him.

"Yes I'm free. Why Mister Ravena?" Mika asked who looked really silly while smiling to herself.

I heard him heave a deep breath from the other line and just chuckled lightly at Kiefer's uneasiness, "Can we go out tomorrow?" Kiefer reluctantly asked.