Chapter Two-Hoseok

"Honey, I'm home!" I shut the door behind me, a handful of pink roses.

I kicked my shoes off and walked down the corridor into the kitchen, where I saw him with an apron on, cooking food on the stove, numerous pots and pans steaming in front of him.

"Hey Hoseok! How was work?" He smiled at me over his shoulder.

I shrugged, setting the flowers on the counter carefully. "It was just another day. I had lots of time to work on some new arrangements!"

"That's great!" He nodded towards the roses. "Those flowers are gorgeous."

"Thank you. I brought them just for Jiminie. I'm going out with him tonight and thought I would bring him some flowers."

"Jimin loves roses."

"Yes he does." I walked over to look at the food on the stove. "What are you cooking, Jin?"

"Rice cake soup! Wanna try?"

I opened my mouth as he gave me a spoonful. I moaned at the delicious flavors attacking my taste buds. "Mmm, that tastes excellent!"

Jin nodded as if he was already aware, making me laugh.

"I better go get changed to meet Jimin. Have fun with Namjoon tonight! No sex on the couch or counters. I don't want to have to deep clean the place again!"

Jin scoffed and continued to cook while I went to change my outfit from my floral-scented clothes to black pants and a black sweater with a large white and gray stripe across the center. I topped it off with a black beanie, smiling in the mirror before grabbing my phone and keys. I made sure to get the roses off of the counter before exiting the apartment I shared with Jin.

••

••

"Hoseok, babe! I've missed you!" Jimin ran from the sofa and tackled me with a hug, his legs wrapping around my waist on instinct as he buried his head in my neck.

I chuckled as I struggled to catch him when he first made the leap into my arms. "I missed you too. It's only been like a day though!"

"A day too long!" He whined before jumping back onto the ground.

With a nervous smile, I handed him the roses, which were now slightly crushed from his greeting, but he still smiled brightly nonetheless.

"They're beautiful!"

"Just like you." I pecked his cheek and walked into the kitchen to find a vase.

I noticed Jimin's legs bouncing up and down as he stood on the other side of his kitchen island. His hand was moving through his hair more than normal. I frowned as I stood up straight, a clear vase in hand. I cleared my throat as I started to put the roses into the vase.

"What's on your mind?"

Jimin's head whipped up to mine faster than lightning. "My mind? Oh, nothing." He spoke fast. Way too fast to be natural.

My hands fell from the flowers to the counter. "I know you better than that. What is it?"

Jimin pouted, making his cheeks poke out, and I had to hold myself back to keep from squishing them. "I was just wondering..."

"Hmm?"

His eyes met mine, holding my gaze firmly. "I wanted to see if you would want to get a couples tattoo."

"A couples tattoo? Why?"

"B-because... um, I love you, and you love me! We've been together for three years. I just figured that it would be a more permanent way to show our love."

I scratched the back of my neck nervously. "I mean... that's a huge commitment. I don't know how my parents would feel about me having a tattoo. My father doesn't even let me get a piercing."

Jimin laughed, a beautiful sound to my ears. "I mean, marriage is a huge commitment as well."

"But it's not exactly permanent."

Jimin's face scrunched up in distaste. "Wouldn't you like for it to be?" He stepped up to me, his arms finding their home around my waist as he looked up at me. "These tattoos will just showcase our love for each other to the world."

"I guess."

"Yay!" He stood on his tip-toes and kissed my cheek. "Ooh! We should get roses! Both of our favorite flowers!"

Actually, mine is the chrysanthemum. "Oh, yeah, sure. That sounds good, Jiminie!"

He lead me into the living room for our usual movie night. He always wanted to watch Inside Out. Sure, it was a cute movie the first, or even the second, time, but after ten or so times, it gets real annoying. I sighed as Jimin curled up against me, pulling my arm over his shoulders like he always does.

I couldn't help but think about the man I met today. Min Yoongi. He seemed mysterious. Dangerous. I wasn't sure what his deal was, or why he decided to move his tattoo parlor into the run-down space next to my shop, but I would never ask him such a question.

I was curious as to what made him seem so closed-off. He clearly doesn't talk to people much outside of work, and he has clearly had something bad happen to him. His eyes were full of lifelessness and sadness.

I could relate to that.

••••••
My family is pissing me off and I'm so happy that I go back to college tomorrow so I can escape the drama.