#49: I'm Done Chasing Blue.

you took the best of my heart
and left the rest in pieces

Present

Isabella

The lift doors opened as I sucked onto my bleeding finger. I dragged my suitcase out and I found a familiar group waiting for me in the dark lobby. Grace met me mid-way and grabbed my luggage. She took it outside and handed it to the guard who placed it in a white SUV, ready and waiting for departure. 

I walked to the couches and as I neared them, they stood up and made their way to me. I glanced at all of them with an obvious tear-stained faces and a heart still in the process of breaking, piece by piece. 

My eyes greeted them in order and my brain registered their faces. Etching the memory in my head. Short, straight black-haired Maya Sen, puffy eyes, swollen cheeks, and recovering heart. She's cried a lot, and she didn't even try to hide it. 

From strangers to lovers, lovers to enemies, and enemies to friends; I scoffed at Jacob Miles who was comforting Maya Sen, despite mending his own share of broken bonds. 

I walk to them and Liam Davis takes the first step toward me. He was always the first to back me up; be it pranks, theories, or revenge. I'm going to miss my partner in crime. 

I neared more and the person who didn't move an inch was Jason Cody. He must be as clueless and confused as I am. A flash of sparkle shocks me because I think I saw Jason Cody cry for me. 

I'm surprised to see Julie O'Connel, a person and a name that would forever caution me. I'm astonished to see her awake and waiting to bid me goodbye. She might have been harsh, but she taught me a lot about how life is in the last month. 

There it was, the new and improvised recycle bin, waiting for Austin Cooper's arrival to bid me farewell. 

Liam wrapped me in his arms. I couldn't bring myself to exchange words again. It's a good thing we did it all last night. 

"He's not coming down, is he?" Liam whispered in my ears. I shook my head at his chest. I felt his hand caress my head. He let out a shaky breath and more tears fumed my eyes. One thing was certain, I wouldn't stop crying for a long time. 

I pulled my head back to look at him. "I'll miss you, Lee." And he mouthed it back. "I hope you find everything you rightfully deserve. The best life, the best memories, and the best time in college." He kissed the top of my head and I was smiling now. "I will still hope for that mystery girl to break up with her boyfriend at the earliest." 

He laughed loudly, letting his head fall back. "You can stop now, it worked." He nodded to me. 

I stepped back from the hug. "What? When?" 

He was still laughing. "Last night--" my smile faded and his eyes widened. I gasped taking a step back from him and he neared me to caution. "--I spoke to her and--"

"Shut up," I whispered glancing at May still dabbing her eyes, and back to him. I started shaking my head at him. It had been her all along. I couldn't believe it. "It's--"

"Bellalalala--" he glanced at her and widened his eyes at me and shook his head. "Okay, yes, but please shut the fuck up." He was regretting his slip of tongue and I immediately started to rejoice. 

"Wow, Liam Davis." I was smirking now. He clasped the bridge of his nose. "Oh, May God--"

"What?" Jason approached us. 

Liam snapped his head at me and my smile fell immediately. "Oh, My God," I said before hugging Jason too. 

The rejoicing only lasted for a hug because the second I saw Jason cry for me, I was back in that zone again. It was worse when I hugged May. She had become so weak, I could bet anything that she hadn't slept for a minute last night. I was worried about her, but knowing what Liam feels for her now, something in me assured me that she was in better hands. She would be taken care of. She had four boys from the bin protecting her. Nothing bad will ever happen to her.