#20: The Game.

Present

Isabella

Exactly seven minutes remained in the game.

It was the last time out and I glanced my way toward the big scoreboard. Wildcats were 23 and Hawks were 21. The third set would end when either of the team reaches 25. The Hawks won the first set and we won the second set.

I almost thought Chloe was going to strangle us when we lost the first set but it was neck to neck and that fired us up. Coach Mathew just sat on the bleachers drinking orange juice. He'd told us this match is ours and he'd not interfere. It extremely bothered me when my coach's expression did not change even when we lost the first set. Riley was so close to crying. 

"Okay, two more points and the game is ours," I said clapping my hand.

"But they are almost leveling us." Ashley sighed as she rested her hands on her waist.

"Shut up, you pessimistic ass. We're going to win this." Brittney yelled jumping up and down.

"Do the B-turn." Chloe clapped her hand.

"What, why the B-turn?" I groaned at her.

I don't think I should be in the spotlight at such a crucial time. Given the turn of events of today and yesterday, the chances of me messing it up are quite high. 

"Because you're amazing when you're angry. You're angry under pressure and you work amazing under pressure?" Sarah said with wide eyes.

"Really?" I asked still not sure. "I don't think today will--"

"It'll be great Bella, just stay in the game. Do not zone out." Ashley nodded.

"Ash, I--"

"Shut up, we're doing it." 

I turned towards the bottles when Grace handed me them from her hand. I smiled taking it and when I started to gulp I noticed Liam and May sitting on the edge of the court. Jason was standing on one of the chairs meant for subs to sit. I glance across the stands and I see my parents with Aiden waving pom-poms towards me. My dad had a WILDCAT painting on his face and I remember laughing as Grace showed me the selfie version of the painted tattoo.

I couldn't sleep yesterday night so I walked into Grace's room and I told her everything. I told her how she was right about seeing the car and that he was here and that he jumped out. She wasn't surprised because she knew something was up but she was mad that he didn't call back. Even while dropping me to school today, she was extremely pissed at Austin for bailing as my chauffeur. 

Austin didn't turn up at all. I saw his spot beside Grace empty today. Grace used it to put on water bottles because she was equally mad at him. Actually, she was madder than I was. She told me she never pictured him as a jackass. 

"Bella, I swear to god," Chloe yelled snapping her fingers, "If this girl zones out again, I'm going to bite her." 

"I am not zoning out," I yell at Chloe. 

"We're doing the B-turn, we need you to be alert--"

"I am alert. I know that but you cannot put so much pressure on me--"

"Okay, shut up, you two," Ashley yelled and we looked back to the huddle. "Two more points, girls. It's going to be embarrassing if we let this go. Fuck everything, we're fighting for this with every last drop of blood, sweat, and tears. Okay?" 

I nodded and we did a brief hug. As we entered the court, Chloe threw her arms around me and kissed me on my cheek. She whispered, "I love you, I'm sorry, I really need the scholarship for my medical college."