Chapter 11 // Vistors

Começar do início

“Hi Ben, I’m one of Luke’s friends. He told me to come see you with him.” I smiled.

“What’s your name?” Ben whispered.

“Daniela, but you can call me Dani.”

“Well Daniela can you get me that water bottle please?” I looked behind me and got the water bottle he asked for. After he took a long sip, his voice was normal. “So what did happen to me?”

“Well what do you remember?”

“I remember I was driving to my mom’s house and then a car just came.”

“Well from what Luke told me, it was a drunk driver.” I told him. He nodded his head. “Do you want me to go get the doctor or nurse?”

“Nah, I’m having fun with you. You’re actually pretty fun to talk to.”

“I only told you who I am and how did you end up like this.” I smiled.

“Well, all the nurses and doctors do is just ask me where the pain is and if I’m feeling okay. I rather talk to you about Luke.” Ben smiled back.

“Alright, ask away.”

“You’re just one of Luke’s friends?”

“Define ‘friend’.”

“Well I think we have different meaning of friends. I’m thinking one of those friends who he just uses for sex and then you cling around him because you ‘love’ him or something.”

“Do I really look like someone who clings?” I asked as I put a hand on my heart. “I’m hurt.”

“Well I’m sorry but I’m surprised he hasn’t asked a pretty girl like you to have sex with him already.” Ben smirked.

“I would never have sex with him first of all. Second of all we’re just neighbors and classmates.”

“Have you seen that movie where the two project partners that hate each other and then end up having sex?” Ben asked.

“No?”

“Me neither. But that’s what you’ll guys probably end up.”

“I don’t think so.”

“You guys will eventually. Luke is a teenage boy for crying out loud! He has needs! Hormonal, sexual needs! He needs a hot girl like you to satisfy him.”

“A hot girl like me? I am not hot.”

“Dani, you’re right you aren’t hot. You’re sexy.” Just as Ben finished, Luke walked inside the room. “Luke!”

“Ben what the hell are you saying to Dani? Calling her sexy?” Luke asked, pushing him behind me.

“Calm down brother, I was just fooling around with her. She can’t take a joke. She’s a keeper.” Ben nudged his brother with his good elbow. “How long have you been awake?” Luke asked.

“A little over 5 minutes.” I answered.

“It’s good to have to back Ben.” Luke said.

“It’s good to be back Luke.” Ben smiled up at Luke. Luke told me to go get a doctor or a nurse to help Ben. I walked out of the room, looking for the nearest nurse. “Hi, my brother is awake now.” I lied to the nurse so she wouldn’t kick me out. “I’ll be right in.” She went behind the desk to get her supplies. I walked into the room with the nurse close behind. “Hello Ben. How ya feeling?”

“I’m good, just some pain that’s all.”

“That’s good. Well I’ll tell the doctor you’re awake. He’ll be right in.” The nurse left after checking Ben’s blood pressure. Luke and Ben started talking about things that I didn’t want to interrupt.

~

“He could go home in about two weeks. We have to make sure his bones are healing and his health is going back to normal.”

“Thanks doctor.” Luke said. The doctor left the room leaving us once again alone.

“I should get going Luke.” I said.

“Okay, see you at school.”

“Okay..” I said bye to Ben and then walked out of the hospital. I called my mom to come pick me up but of course I got voicemail. My second choice was Violet but she was probably with Ashton. I decided not to since I would have to explain everything to her. I had to walk home. After an hour of walking, I finally reached home. I immediately went upstairs and fell asleep.

~*~

This week  was the preparation for homecoming. The homecoming game and dance were next Friday but they still had to start preparing. The hallways were being decorated all this week so they can be ready for next week. People were already talking about whom their voting for homecoming king and queen.

“So I want Ashton and I to win homecoming kin and queen. So will it be bad if I voted for ourselves?” Violet asked me at lunch.

“No, I don’t think so.”

“Good. I’m voting everyday plus Ashton is telling Michael and Calum to vote for us. How great is this?!” Violet exclaimed. I looked over to Luke’s table to see Ashton talking to them. Luke and I haven’t talked since Saturday. “Dani?”

“What?”

“I asked you what dress should I get.” Violet asked me, showing me pictures of two different dresses. One was green and the other one was blue. Both of the dresses were short with a sweetheart neckline.

“I like the blue one.” I said.

“Great! I wanted this one! So did Ashton!” Violet squealed. “We need to get you a dress.”

“Vi, I am not going to homecoming.”

“Dani, you have to! It won’t be the same! It’s your last year of high school please come.” Violet begged.

“What kind of dress are we talking about? I don’t like too short and too bright of a color.”

~*~

three updates in a week has to be a record. Woo!