Chapter 5

(I DO NOT OWN CRIMINAL MINDS OWN OF ITS CHARACTERS)

Spencer flinched as he heard the gunshot and cried out. Tears filled his eyes up quickly as he realised what had happened. He screamed, long and hard, making his voice rough and hoarse.

Chris walked back into the room, gun in his left hand. Spencer kicked back as Chris neared him, not wanting to him to hurt him again. Chris shushed Spencer, going over to him and holding Reid to his chest as Spencer cried harder.

"I know baby, I know, it's okay, it's okay, he had it coming." He stroked Reid's hair comforting him as best as he could. Once Spencer realised who was comforting him, he pulled away. Chris let him, unhooking the cuffs from the chain and standing Spencer up. "Come on, I'll take you back to your friends."

Spencer complied, wiping his eyes. They walked down the stairs, seeing the remaining agents roaming the cage free. They all saw Spencer's tears stained face and were instantly worried.

"What did you do to him." Morgan's anger rose.

"Relax, Agent, I haven't hurt him, Aaron on the other hand... lets just say you won't be seeing him anytime soon." Chris shrugged and unlocked the cage, "Back agents, you know the drill." He held Spencer close to him and buried his head into Reid's hair. The agents stepped back, allowing Chris to push Spencer into the cage and lock up. "I'll be back." Chris said as he walked back up the stairs.

Morgan held the youngest agent as Spencer collapsed in his arms. They sunk down to the floor as Reid cried against Morgan's chest. The other agents huddled around Reid as he calmed down, shivering slightly.

"Spencer, what happened?" Emily asked, her voice filled with concern.

"H..he... k..k...killed Hotch." His voice broke, and more tears fell from his eyes as he cuddled more into Morgan's chest. The agents shared concerned and shocked looks.

"Hey, Spencer, shhhh shh shh, it's okay." Morgan said, holding Reid tighter. He couldn't believe what Spencer had just said but he knew he had to stay strong for the youngest agent.

"We need to get out of here." JJ said, eyeing the lock up. She reached into her hair, looking for anything to pick the lock with. "Dammit, I don't have one. Emily, Penelope.. do you have a pin?" The three girl looked in their hair, finding only Penelope had one.

"Perfect" Rossi said, taking it from Penelope's hands. He walked over to the cage door and tried his best to pick the lock. It took him a few tries but he managed to get it unlocked.

"We need to get out of here." JJ said, rushing over to the door and walking out of it.

"We need to be smart." Rossi spoke. "Some of us should go up there and take them out first."

"Me, Emily, JJ and Rossi." Morgan said, looking down at Reid in his arms, stroking his hair gently. "Us four should, Penelope and Reid stay here so if things go south, at least they won't be hurt like the rest of us. No offence." Everyone nodded apart from Spencer.

"Sounds like a plan. We still need to figure out where they are." Emily spoke, coming up to the door.

"We'll be slow, quiet, we'll try to find out where they are before we attack. If we catch them off guard, better chances for us." Rossi said.

"One of us needs to get out, at least. That way, we can get help and get people to find us." JJ said, eyeing the stairs.

"Three of us attack them, Morgan you go for Peter, JJ or Emily, one of you go for Tommy and the other get the hell out of here, I'll go for Chris." Rossi said.

"JJ should go." Emily spoke.

"Why?" JJ had a confused look on her face.

"You've got a family to go back to, Will, Henry, plus, you've got more stamina than me, you'll make it further." Emily smiled weakly at JJ before turning to everyone else. "We ready to do this?" All six of them nodded.

Morgan pulled Spencer off of him and wiped his tears away. He let Reid cuddle up to Penelope as he readied himself.

"We really gonna do this?" Morgan asked Rossi, walking over to the cage door.

"What choice do we have." And with that, the four of them ascended the stairs quietly, leaving Spencer and Penelope all alone, comforting to each other.