One

PaGer: Bold sentence are author's notes. While italicized sentence in the story are flashbacks or background information, so that you guys won't get confuse from what is happening.

-----

As i promised, i arrived at work on time. I don't know, i feel like today will be a great day. Or maybe not, because from what I'm seeing it will be a busy day. It is raining and i can see that our three cash registers are now full with line ups.

I've been working here in Tim Hortons (it is a multinational fast casual restaurant known for its coffee and doughnuts, hey don't ask me, it is what it says on wikipedia) for five years now. When i turned 16, i started looking for a job. But only when i was 17 when i got hired in here. I don't feel like quitting this job yet. I don't know, im too comfortable with this job. It helps me have my own allowance and pay for my bills. Yes, being adult is so stressful, too many responsibilities.

When in summer, i work full time hours and when school starts, i work part time hours. Even though they want me to be a full time worker, i declined. I still want to enjoy my youth. They even want to promote me as an assistant manager, but i declined that also. Again, with the excuse of me studying and wanted to have fun also.

As soon as i step into the restaurant, i saw Amanda, the manager, sighed for relief because now they can serve the customer faster but still accurate.

She assigned me to partner up with Lea. She been working here longer than me. She is the one i could say my best friend here in work. She's a bit older than me but we connect instantly. Our minds works in the same thing. The whole crew even tried to match us up but i instantly shut it down when i said that im gay. After that, Lea and I become friends. She even tried to find me dates, but all of them aren't compatible with me. There is no connection.

"Princess, you're working today. I miss working with you" She yelled when she saw me. And yup, she just called me Princess. Since she found out im gay, she given me that nickname. Good thing no one copies her.

"Well im not looking forward to it, i much prefer you as a friend rather than a work partner. Your too slow, and you always mess up order" I replied, even though it is all lie. She is one of the fastest member here and she rarely gets mistakes. Customers love her.

"If im slow, what do you call yourself? You're slower than me Princess", she responded.

"Whatever"

"Hey stop chit chatting and start working" Amanda said to the both of us.

And with that, we stopped talking and started to work. Mitch is in cash and im her backup.

-----

After three hours of non stop working, becaues it was busy and its morning rush. Did i mentioned my work is located near a subway/train station so it was always busy with the commuters? so yeah, we're busy. Good thing the rush hour is finish and the customers decreased.

"How's life? Love life?", Michelle asked?

"Well, its been good. Enjoying the summer weather. Oh and all of my boyfriends are fine." I replied.

She laughed because we all know the last part is a lie. Im single since i was born.

"No, seriously, you're not seeing anyone? What happen to Mason?" She looks serious now.

"Well, he after few days of not messaging me, he texted me that he figured out that he is not gay after all and she have girlfriend now. So basically, he just use me as his experiment. And speaking of him, where did you find him anyway?"

"Aww, im sorry to hear that" she stepped closer to me and hugged me. "And to answer your question in how do i know Mason? Well he is a friend of my cousin, we thought youguys might be good together, but i guess not. And Im sorry for what he did."