It Doesn't Feel Wrong

Start from the beginning

I can hear everyone starting to whisper.

"Are you anxious?" He asks me.

"What makes you say that?" I breathe through my words.

"Becuase your grip on my hand is getting tighter by the second." I gasp and loosen my grip. Taking  my other hand, I gently rub his injury that I caused.

"Last time I saw you like this, I picked you up and that was a mere few seconds. Why?" He asks.

"Severe anxiety. I told you this before Kyoya." I answer slightly shaken.

"Do I trigger your anxiety?"

"No!" I answer quickly," It's not you...I mean it's a bit you- but thats not what I mean. Its-" I stop when I hear Kyoya begin to laugh. I've never heard him laugh before. It's kind of... cute.

"Youre acting completely different compared to how you normally are. Who knew the quiet, put-together, well versed Kaine was really an anxious, shy girl?" He comments.

"You're acting quite different too, Kyoya. You were always about numbers and advantages, all while keeping your cool. Who knew you would be so lively and affectionate?" I counteract.

"Im sure this will pass in about a day or two." He adds.

"I agree." And then I realised it was quiet," Kyoya?" He hums,"Where's the host club??"

"Well, seeing how it took me 8 times to have you finally pick up the phone, they should be inside by now." He answers my question.

Through out the day, I kept hearing everyone talk about us. Kyoya's phone rang and he left to go answer it, leaving me to hear everyone whisper.

Are they together?

I thought they hated eachother.

Are you kidding?  There have been sparks between them since day 1.

Why is he with her?

Why can't I be with him?

He could do better.

They're not gonna last.

"Dont worry about them." Mori shows up.

"Kai-chan!" Honey sempai jumps, hugging me in the process.

"Way to win him over." Kaoru says.

"Who knew someone would get to Kyoya's dark heart?" Hikaru laughs.

"Im pretty sure it's supposed to be the other way around." Haruhi comments.

"I cant believe it. Our queen is with are dear friend Kyoya. Ive been waiting for this moment!" Tamaki flails around.

"Huh?" The twins wonder,"where's Kyoya?"

"He went to go take a call. From his behavior, Im going to guess, it's his dad."

"Oh no." They say.

"What?" I ask.

"Well if this relationship gets serious then..."

"You're gonna have to meet him at some point." Hikaru and kaoru finish eachothers sentences.

"So?" Haruhi asks for me." He cant be that bad?"

"Kyoya's father is the King of manipulation." Hikaru states.

"No matter what you say or how you say it. No matter how smart or quick you are, he will always find the information he wants." Kaoru adds.

"Well he's never met me." I said confidently.

And we walk about to catch up with Kyoya.

-------

I few days have come by and gone. As what we expected, we reverted back to our usual behaviors. Though, my behavior became increasingly quiet seeing how i finished planning and the funeral date was drawing near. Not only that but everyone's been asking Kyoya what I feel towards him when they think I'm not listening. Despite all of that, we carry on being together as a couple. Nothing they say seems to have an effect towards us. Or so I thought.

Its host club hours and everyone is doing their normal routines. When Kyoya becomes available I go accompany him. I sit next to him as he types away on his computer. Taking his right hand, his typing begins to slow down.

"If youre attempting to distract me, do it with my other hand. I have work to do." He says, not really foused on me.

"Thats the point of distracting." I say. Pushing his fingers back one by one with mine.

"Tch" he's getting aggravated.

I let go of his hand and I switch to his left side taking his hand again in the process. While playing with one of his hands, he continues typing. I tangle and untangle our fingers together and each time he reacted wanting keep holding on. Funny. I never knew he had this side of himself.

Without stopping what he's doing,"So..." he hesitates," how do you feel about this resolution?
You never reciprocated my feelings towards you other than saying yes." I take a moment to think before I respond.

"Ive been asked a few times how I feel towards you and each time I've said no. Im not emotionally expressive and, as you know, I've never done this before." I pause focusing on our hands," You're not the type of person to reveal your emotions and I wonder what drove you to confess. Seeing the time frame, you've kept it hidden for a while. And while, I'm sure, there were many times you were threatened to have it revealed, you found a way to keep it hidden. So, when you did confess, I have to admit, nothing came to mind. I had to force myself to think. To register. When I pulled away, I had to strategize and figure out your motive. You said that your advantage was to be with me. How true of you, using your emotions to dishorient a girl like me to have a chance to win. A good technique." I play with his fingers again," You ask if I return your affection... I have to admit, I'm wondering that myself." He stops typing. "For all you know, I could be using you to extract information, suppress my negative emotions with your affections,or I could even be doing it to pass the time." I can feel him wanting to pull away but i keep my grip with his hand, "but i can tell you one thing..." I place his hand on my beating heart," it doesnt feel wrong."