§ Who Are You §

Masahiro ran and ran without thinking until he couldn't see the lights of the house, and was surrounded by the slightly lit evening sky.
     He looked around himself before realizing that he was completely lost. He collapsed again in the dirt, clutching himself and the ruined suit he had spent so much time on.
     He didn't know what to do from there on out. He definitely couldn't go back to the house. Maybe he could go to the town square and find Drew and Daniel, then again he had no idea what direction town was in and how far it was.
     For the time being Masahiro managed to pull himself up and into an tree stump and sat down.
     He was giving himself a huge headache when a bright light suddenly appeared and made him cover his eyes.
     When he opened them and looked up he saw something, or rather someone, that looked like they had just jumped from one of Masahiro's fantasy books.
     "Who-? Who, are you?" The floating lady was short and beautiful, she almost perfectly resembled Lady Kate from town.
     "Who am I? I am your fairy godmother, of course silly."
     "Fairy- fairy godmother? What is that?"
     "A magical godmother who is here to help you."
     "No way, there's no way your real. I must just been hallucinating for some reason."
     He started to get up when she floated over to him and reached to cup his face in her hands.
     "I assure you I am as real as you are." Now that she was up close she looked even more like  Lady Kate.
      "You know who I am don't you, Masahiro?"
      "Lady Kate?"
     "Of course! Very good!"
     "Really? How did you even-?"
     She smiled at him before letting his face go.
     "Back to the reason I am here is that I see you could use help getting to the big ball tonight."
     "How could you help me? I've already made a mess out of everything."
      "Never doubt magic."
      She held out her hand, a light blue wand with light floating around it, appeared into it.
      Kate waved her wand around in a circle and a trail of sparkles started to whirl around him.
      After they had cleared Kate stood there looking very proud of herself and Masahiro looked down.
      His suit was fixed and even better now. It had a slight glow to the light blue jacket, bow tie, and white dress shirt. His plain leather shoes had been replaced for glass versions of themselves.
     His hair was now combed and neatly slicked back. He looked up at her with amazement.
     "How-? How, did you?"
     "What did say? Never doubt magic."
     "Than- Thank you!" He ran up and hugged her.
     "Oh, but sweety, I'm not done yet."
     "Huh?"
     She waved her wand again and this time and a pumpkin a the ground grew into a beautiful white carriage. Then four mice turned into white horses and a toad into a coachman.
     Masahiro looked back up at her and looked even more amazed than he had before.
      "Don't just keep staring at me! You have a ball to get to!"
      She ushered him into the carriage and told the coachman where to go.
      As they started to leave Kate yelled to him.
      "Masahiro! Make sure you're back by midnight! My magic can only hold up until then!"

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

~560 words~
~Hey! Double update! Finally, Masahiro is on his way to the ball, thanks fairy godmother, or Lady Kate!~
~Shipwhatever