Chapter 12: Playdate

Start from the beginning

(Y/N): Cool, can you two drop me off somewhere on the way?

Marina: S-sure!

~~~

Limo-Driver: Here we are.

Pearl, Marina, and (Y/N) all looked out the window at the building.

Marina: Woah! This place is pretty nice.

Pearl: Yeah, your friends must be loaded, living here.

(Y/N) just looked over at Pearl.

Pearl: What?

(Y/N): Pearl, your mansion has so much land you have to take a shuttle bus to get from the front door to the front gate.

Marina: Are your friends rich?

(Y/N): Probably. Well, I'll see you two later.

He stepped out of the limo and walked inside, as the limo started driving away.

I pressed the button that goes to their apartment number.

Marie (over the speaker): Who is it?

(Y/N): Come on, Marie, open up.

Marie (over the speaker): Who goeth there?!

(Y/N): Really? I cometh here. Like you asked.

Marie (over the speaker): ...

(Y/N): It's (Y/N).

Marie (over the speaker): Which (Y/N)?

He just started mashing the buzzer button, knowing it would just keep making an annoying noise in their apartment.

The door beeped open.

(Y/N): *Laughs* Works like a charm.

He went through the elevator and walked down the hall until he saw their room.

(Y/N): Ah, here it is.

He knocked on the door. The door then opened up a crack, with the chain still on. Marie was looking through the doorway.

(Y/N) just sat there and shook his arms in confusion.

(Y/N): Well?

Marie: Who is it?

(Y/N): Marie! Just open the door.

She closed the door, and you could hear the chain coming off. Then the door was wide open.

Marie: Welcome, traveler.

(Y/N): Woah! This place is super nice. I'm still surprised you girls live in an apartment, though.

Marie: Well, not everyone needs to live in a mansion with big walls around it like your friends.

(Y/N): Of course not, but I just mean, you two don't even own a house. You guys must just love every time someone in the building recognizes you.

Marie: I'm not that egotistical!

(Y/N): Okay, so what's up?

Marie: Huh? Oh right! Callie's over there, in her room. We're heading to the park. Go keep her busy for a minute, while I pack the things.

(Y/N): Pack? We're just going to the park.

Marie: Callie can get cranky without her food. Plus, I'm bringing a book for me to read, while you two play.

(Y/N): So basically, you're relying on me to keep her entertained, so you don't have to deal with her whining.

Marie pinches his cheeks.