Chapter 4- Blitzers

Começar do início

Collin slid off the seat next to me and went and sat in front of me, then placed his hand on the table.

I'm not the shy type, so I wracked my brains to think of something to say.

... but he beat me to it.

"Hi."

"Hey."

I was drilling holes into my knuckles with my eyes as they bounced up and down, drumming against the table.

"Brandon right?"

"Yep."

"Nice"

"Yeah but, you can call me Bred."

"Bred?" he repeated, with a slight smile.

I shrugged, "uh huh yep."

"So... how is Darthway so far?"

"Nothing much. It's... good. It's ok. It's school."

It was uncomfortably quiet for a bit. I stopped hammering the table and now my fingers softly hit the solid surface, as I tapped lightly.

He studied my hand for a bit.

"Do you play?"

"Play?" I asked, looking up again.

"An instrument" He clarified.

"I used to play the-"

"-piano" he finished for me.

I stared at him, unsure what to say to that.

"Am I right?" he mused.

"Yep. Yeah, I used to play the piano. How'd you know, stalker?" I added at the end but It came out awkwardly and I inwardly facepalmed. 

He held his hands up, as if to surrender, while his eyes shifted to my hands. "I could tell," he answered.

What gave it away?

"The way your fingers moved on the table. The posture," he noted.

I scrunched my eyes, an amused smile hovering over my lips. So many half amused smiles.

Sandy came back with two plates of fries and Laurance followed holding a large smoothie glass filled with thick pink liquid.

"Raspberry-banana," she said, sighing contently and sliding into the seat beside me, which Collin had occupied a few minutes ago, before taking a long sip out of the thick, clear straw pointing out of the drink.

We sat there for a while, chatting idly about this and that. I felt like it was a genuine conversation and it felt good to sit there and really talk. For once. At Lunch, on Lexi's table, it would just be mindless chatter, gossip, unimportant, unnecessary remarks or comments about people.

"Bred, have you been here before?" Sandy asked dipping a fry in ketchup. Great. Small talk... here we go.

"Sometimes. With my sister" I shrugged.

"How old is she?" He asked.

"17"

"Pamela? Right?" Laurance joined.

Collin eyes kept from me to the window, as he gazed at the beach beside us.

"Yep," I gave her a questioning look as if to ask her how she knew. Pan and I didn't really look alike. She was slightly taller than me and her hair was dark brown, here mine was raven, her eyes were almost grey, mine ice blue. Even our facial features didn't match. Besides that, we didn't even talk to each other in school... at least so far we haven't.