Chapter 1- A fresh start

(Texts between my cousin and I)  

Lexi
Hey I'm going to skl with Hunter tmrw. 
we can drop u if u want?
Its good for you to
meet new people
08:37

me
No, I'm good.
08:38

Lexi
Okay, your choice.
btw tell your sister she left
her surfing gear at mine?
08:38

me
Will do
08:38

Lex
I was just telling my bf
we have a new friend :)
08:39

BranWhit7_32
You have a bf alr?
08:39

Lexangel4x
Um yeah, so what
08:39

BranWhit7_32
didn't u just get over Jason or smth
08:40

Lexangel4x
yh but like im over him and I rlly love Steve now 
08:40

BranWhit7_32
um ok, c u in sky then
08:40

Lexangel4x
k c u 
08:41
___

Ahh, always a pleasure to catch up with my beloved cousin. I rolled my eyes and dropped my phone onto my bed.

I bit bottom lip in frustration, while assessing my room and wondering what I'm going to do with it. Everything was a mess.

The door burst open and an angry looking Pan popped her head in. Her dark, wavy, brown hair was tied up in a ponytail, as usual. She had a beige crop on along with her favorite navy blue shorts.

"BRANDON. I've called you like- like..." my sisters words died on her lips as her eyes wandered around my room, taking in the messy state of it.

"Uh..." she opened the door fully and folded her arms across her chest. "Care to explain?"

I scratched the back of my neck feeling slightly sheepish, "Can't find my laptop charger anywhere..." I replied, giving with aspirated sigh.

She snorted. "You know you left it down stairs right?"

"Ugh fuck, are u serious?" I swore, inwardly groaning. I've been raiding my room tirelessly all this time, while trying to find it. 

Nice Bred. 

"Yes idiot," she laughed, "Hah! Now you have to clean your whole room again. I'm off house duty! Your turn tomorrow."

Aw shit.

"Also, get your ass downstairs, dinners ready"
___

"Then Lucas pretty much lost it and started jumping and screaming get it OFF ME" Demi giggled, animatedly raising her voice at the end of the sentence, startling all of us. Mom even gasped and coughed and Pan had to pass some water to her and patted her back.

Dad gave Demi a stern look and my mischievous 9 year old sister only giggled.

I lowered my head and secretly smiled. I could just imagine Demi's best friend, Lucas, jumping around and screaming because a roach got on him. I rolled my eyes light-heartedly.