Chapter 4- Blitzers

I stepped into the small cafe, my eyes running over the familiar booths located around it. I caught sight of Laurance's long, light brown hair and walked over to the booth that she was seated in, in the corner of the place, next to the window.

Her head was lowered her phone, her long brown locks falling over her face in a silky curtain.

"2 minutes late," she pointed out, looking up. Her entire face had lit up to slightly mocking smile.

I playfully rolled my eyes.

"Do you come here often?" I wondered out loud, ignoring her. She looked around as if to study the place for the first time. My eyes followed hers, and I took in the wood themed cafe, blue cushioned booths and glowing fairy lights that hung from the top of the shop. Blitzers brought aesthetic to another level.

"Sometimes. Mostly with Sands and Cole- Collin," she shrugged.

She tossed her phone onto her seat, then intertwined her fingers together and placed her hands on the table.

"Brandon, I'm such a creep," she stated. I laughed unable to hide my amusement.

"Why's that?" I quirked my brow.

"I've only known you two days, and here I am dragging you out," she smiled.

I was amused at her open, blunt manner.

"That's ok, I've met creepier people." I joked. "Also, its Bred."

An abrupt knocking caused both of us to turn towards the window, only to be greeted by Sandy's waving hand.

My eyes drifted from him to Collin who smiled and rolled his eyes at his friend before walking towards the entrance. 

Collin slid into the seat next to me and raised his sharp eyebrows at Laurance, then shot me a half smile. His stunning ocean eyes pooled into my memory. I felt like I'd be sucked into them if I looked any longer.

So I turned away and pressed my lips together.

Sandy walked in too and slouched next to Laurance. "Hello again," he greeted, his hazel eyes were twinkling oddly, a never-ending mischievous glint that he carried around.

"Bred, did you know that Sandy here's a magician," Laurance said, out of the blue.

Sandy scoffed, "Pfft. She's high," he joked, teasingly holding the back of his hand to her forehead as if to see if she has a fever. Laurance swatted his hand away, rolling her eyes lightly.

"I only do little tricks" he grinned, then without warning leaned forwards and in one swift movement, he pulled a coin out from behind my ear and sat back in satisfaction.

My face settled into a frown crossed with an amused smirk. "Um..."

The three of them laughed at my mystified face.

"And Mr. Blue Rivers here is a guitarist" she nodded towards Collin.

Blue Rivers? More like Blue-green ocean, I thought. Ew.

He tilted his head to the side.

"Mhm. Are you done with the exposé?" He asked sarcastically.

She giggled and turned to Sandy, "come with me to get drinks? Or snacks?" she asked, then turned back, "Bred, what can I get for you?"

I combed my hand through my hair, "Just fries will be good, thanks."

"Okay fries then," she nodded and skipped over to the counter, Sandy hot on her trail. I was left sitting there, looking down at my hands.