Chapter 17

"Jenny run!" Steve shouts. "Run!"

We all turn our heads in the direction Steve is shouting at and I see Jenny standing up from out of the bushes. She spins around quickly and starts sprinting away as fast as she can.

"There's the bitch!" Brett points after her. Brett, Ricky, Cooper, Mark and Paige immediately jump onto their bikes and start chasing after her. Harry releases me and nervously glances around, before nodding his head towards Steve, "get him out of here." As soon as the words have left his mouth, he too, grabs his bike and chases after Jenny with his 'friends'.

I rush over to Steve and carefully untangle him from out of the barbed wire, hearing him groaning in pain, "t- thank you."

"Come on," I help him up, letting him lean against me for support as we try to run through the woods. He presses onto the wound with his hand and collapses onto the ground, hissing in pain, "Steve, come on. You can't give up now, just a little longer." I struggle a bit as I pull him up from the ground and we continue to run. We come to a stop when we finally reach the car.

"There is a first aid kit.. in the.. trunk." Steve tells me, panting heavily.

I rush towards the car and open the trunk, only for a loud alarm to go off. "Shit!" I shout as I quickly search through their stuff, knowing the gang members will have heard the alarm as well and they might already be on their way here. My hand reaches further into the trunk and I grab onto the first aid kit, quickly pulling it out of the car and shutting the trunk. I hurry back to Steve who is now leaning against a tree and I wrap his arm around my shoulder and pull him along as we continue on as fast as we possibly can, my heart beating five times faster than it should. We stop dead in our tracks and hide behind one of the many trees as we hear footsteps moving quickly into our direction. I grab the nearest stick I can find, gripping it tight, my hands shaking. I hold my breath and right when the footsteps are behind the tree we are hiding behind, I swing and hit. I sigh in relief upon seeing it is Jenny, who ducks down just in time.

"Steve! Maysa!" She appears to have a look of relief on her face upon seeing us, "I've got it." She says, referring to Steve, letting him lean on her as we keep running.

I run in the front, Jenny and Steve following right behind me. My legs feel like they'll give out any moment and my lungs are about to burst. I pant heavily while running, struggling to breath as sweat is dripping down my forehead. I stop and slow down for second, spotting a wooden hut in the distance.

Jenny and Steve stop next to me and all that can be heard as I point towards the hut, is our loud and shaky breathing

Jenny and Steve stop next to me and all that can be heard as I point towards the hut, is our loud and shaky breathing. "There. We have to fix him up." We move towards the hut and I burst open the wooden door, slamming it shut as soon as we are all inside. Steve drops onto the wooden floor, the floorboards creaking beneath his weight.

Jenny sits down next to him, "okay, we're going to clean you up."

I open the first aid kit and take out a bottle of water, handing it over to Jenny, "here, some water."