Chapter 12

My voice trembles as I speak, "L- leave me alone!"

Ricky and Brett start to laugh as Brett gives me a hard shove. I scrape my arm against a sharp branch and bite my tongue as tears are threatening to spill, not wanting to give them that satisfaction. We're currently in the middle of the woods, with no one around that can help me. Not that anyone would help anyways. I feel a small amount of blood dripping down onto the leaves beneath me.

"Oh shit!" Brett laughs, turning to Ricky.

I hear leaves crunching somewhere in the near distance as footsteps come nearer. Harry emerges from behind the trees and Ricky and Brett turn around to face him. I take this small oppurtunity as my one and only chance and turn to escape, but I feel a painfully tight grip on my wrist and I yelp in pain.

"Where the fuck do you think you're going?" Brett tightens his grip even more and I feel like he could literally snap my bones if he wanted to. A single tear escapes from my eye, causing for Brett and Ricky to smirk, which makes me feel sick to the stomach. Another tear rolls down my cheek as I try to pull myself free, but to no avail.

"Come on, mate." Harry nudges Brett, "stop wasting your time on her, let's get out of here."

A huge sigh of relief escapes my lips as Brett lets go of my wrist, "see you around, Maysa." He turns his back to me, his two friends following him deeper into the forest. I look to see Harry glance back at me, his eyes locking with mine for a second, before he looks away. I rub my now sore wrist and as soon as they're out of sight, continue my way over to the beach. I sit down at my usual spot, underneath a tree, checking my arm to see the bleeding has stopped. Fortunately, the cut is not too deep. I sit up straight as I hear footsteps in the distance, growing nervous, expecting the boys to walk onto the beach. Instead, it's a young man and a woman, causing me to sigh in relief.

"It is missing fifty executive homes." The woman's voice can be heard from the right side of the beach, "I love it." The woman with her hair a little above her shoulders, jumps up and hugs the man, before planting a kiss on his lips. They start to walk along the beach, holding each other's hand. They spot me and walk into my direction, stopping a little in front of me. "Hello," the woman greets me with a friendly smile, "all out here by yourself?"

"Without a bike?" The man questions, causing me to chuckle in return.

I nod my head. "Yes, I come here almost everyday. I love walking through the woods."

"I'm Jenny and this is Steve, my boyfriend." She points at the man who is standing next to her, who is smiling at me. "We'll be camping here for a few days."

"That's nice. This place is lovely." I point out, not sure if it is such a good idea. The gang comes here regularly and they'll definitely terrorize the young couple, no doubt. Not quite sure whether I should warn them about it or not, I decide to shrug it off for now, "I'm Maysa, by the way. Maysa Maryn."

"It's nice to meet you, Maysa." Jenny says. They both smile at me before making their way back to the right side of the beach, placing down their stuff and laying down onto their towels.

For some unknown reason, I feel a bit more safe now that there's other people here. I take my phone and earbuds out of my pocket, skipping through all the songs on my playlist, before turning on my favorite song. I normally don't bring my phone here, since I come here only to enjoy the nature, not wanting to be distracted by other things. But this day is an exception, I guess. I lean back and close my eyes, quietly humming along with the song, until a voice can be heard, close to my spot.