Chapter 2 - Party Town

Start from the beginning

"Uh- No, no you're fine Roy." Lauren said finally breaking her silence blushing terribly and even more so when Becca spoke up behind saying; 'Boy are you fine.' Lauren gave her a glare before turning back to Roy with an apologizing smile. "I'm sorry uh, could you give us a second. I'll uh- I'll be right out."

She closed the door before Roy could even answer and whirled on Becca and whispered as harshly as she could manage without making too much noise. "Are you kidding me?!" She demanded. "'Boy are you fine?' Really?"

"Lauren that's Royce Marson!" Becca exclaimed while still whispering and pointing excitedly at the door. "Not only is he the son of the police commisioner, he's without a doubt the hottest single guy on campus! Probably even the city! How did you score a date with him!?"

"It doesn't matter?" Lauren whispered back pushing Becca's hand down and pointing to their closet. "Just go get a shirt on!"

Becca scoffed and groaned begging Lauren to let her go with them on a double date with one of their gay friends but Lauren was not about to let Becca anywhere near Roy right now. With a whine she walked gloomily over to their closet and pulled out a light blue low necked shirt that showed off a bit of her stomach as well. Better than that strap she was wearing that only covered up her boobs Lauren thought with a sigh as she grabbed her wallet and slipped out before Becca could embarass her even more. But she didn't count on Roy still being right in front of the door as she ran right into his remarkabley solid chest nearly falling over only to have him catch her.

"Oh my god I'm sorry." She said having to pry herself away from him and try to salvage whatever there was left in this date. She brushed a rogue bit of hair out of her face and looked up at him with a nervous smile. "So, uh where are we going?"

Either Roy wasn't bothered by Becca's little outburst, or he sensed that Lauren was embarassed by the little incident because he didn't even hint at it instead he just smiled and gestured for her to lead the way down the hall. As the two of them walked side by side in the hallway that had always seemed too wide to Lauren before but now felt as if it were only large enough for one person at a time she kept trying not to look at Roy even though a part of her felt as though she was supposed to. They were outside in a minute and the cooling air felt good on Lauren's face when it reached her. It was a feeling made even better when Roy slipped his hand into her's and led her down the path toward the parking lots.

"I actually couldn't decide where I wanted to take you." Roy admitted when they reached the parking lot as he turned to face her with a glow about him. "So I figured I'd let you decide. My dad is a friend with the owner of this new restaurant downtown so we could get in there if you want."

"But--" Lauren said realising that there was another option up for discussion which made Roy chuckled nervously.

"But, it being Friday and all I thought you might also want to go check out this new place down in Party Town." He said and the way he said it told Lauren that it really was her choice and that he was okay with either one. "If it's any extra help the restaurant's owner lets me and anyone I bring eat once a week on the house, but the place in Party Town is giving out free drinks since it's their opening night."

Lauren made a face as she considered the two options that had been laid out before her. She was curious about that nightclub down in party town but she also didn't want to come off like some dumb party girl either. But she didn't want to seem boring and go to the restaurant either, it was Friday night after all so she decided to go a third route. "How about we go to Party Town grab a corndog, go on a few rides than we'll head over to that nightclub.

"Fair enough." Roy said with a boyish grin as he began walking toward his car. "I'm pretty hungry anyways."

Lauren followed Roy through the parking lot her heels clacking loudly on the pavement as they went. She kept on expecting Roy to turn to a car but he never did and instead kept on walking toward an old world car that Lauren had only seen online. It was a dark blue Ford Mustang with white racing stripes, the last model made before the war happened. Try as she might Lauren couldn't help but hide her surprise at the sight of it. As far as she knew there were only a handful of old world cars left replaced by the more modern cars produced by the Vega Corporation that had almost no distinguishing marks about them except the colors, or if you put in for a customized one which were outragously expensive. Even that old Camaro that those two demons came up in was a relic and very valuable.