Chapter 15

I finally got used to working here at the cafe, but that doesn't mean that I don't get tired.

I sat down at one of the chairs inside the kitchen and closed my eyes. Amity and I are on our break.

I felt someone massaging my forehead. I could tell it's her.

"I may not help myself to not kneel on one knee and propose to you," I felt her stiffen.

I opened my eyes and found her staring at me with an odd expression.

"What?"

"I'm just kidding," Her expression changes, and I know I hurt her.

She tried to walk away, but I grabbed her waist from behind.

"It doesn't mean I'm not proposing today; I won't do it in the future," I kissed her cheek and hugged her tighter.

"I promise you that... Someday, both of us wearing a beautiful white gown--- or tuxedo. You can be the one walking down the aisle while I'm at the altar waiting for you,"

"Someday..." She whispered, and I saw her smile, which made me feel all energized to work until tonight.

^^^^^^^

We waited for Paulo's shift to end before we all went home. This is how it always goes; we wait for Paulo, then Adrian drives us home.

We bade our goodbyes and went inside.

"Katalina, can I talk to you for a second?" Granny Joe asked when we arrived.

"Sure, Granny Joe," I kissed Amity's temple before she headed upstairs.

"Have you planned anything for tomorrow?"

My brows furrowed, "Is there an event tomorrow?"

She gasps, "Oh, Dear! She never told you?"

"Told me what?"

"Dear, it's her birthday tomorrow," It's my turn to gasp.

"She-she never told me..."

"It's understandable, Amity is the kind of person who's not fond of having birthday parties, and I don't think she'll get upset if you forgot about her birthday."

"But still... I'm her girlfriend; I should at least do something special... I'm useless,"

"Hey, hey, don't say that. Amity will be upset if she hears you,"

"Can you please help me?"

"Of course,"

"Thank you," I called Adrian and Paulo and told them about my plan for Amity's birthday tomorrow.

They all agreed to help me.

I know this isn't as much as I wanted to give her, but I hope she'd like it.

^^^^^^^

We all pretended that today was just a normal day. I wonder if she'll be upset if she thinks I forgot her birthday.

I got a text from the boys telling me that the venue was ready.

"Katalina, a word with you, please?" said Gabby.

I walk towards him.

"Is the venue ready? Are the boys already there?" he whispered.

Yes, he also knew about my plan.

"I just got a text from them. I'll go check the venue,"

"Ok, we'll take care of the cafe while you're gone, and I'll close it after half an hour."