Chapter 13

Speechless. That was the only word that could describe Diana's present state at the scene sprawled out in front of her.

The place was over the top beautiful and Diana wondered if Elias was the only person who knew about its secrets. When he told her earlier that he had a surprise, she never expected anything like this. However, she was pleased with the revelation.

Taking the final step that led to flat ground, Diana roamed her eyes around the area that held wonders to the eye.

Lights were everywhere. It was as if the place came alive straight out of a fairytale story. The sky was filled with a few twinkly stars that started to form patterns. This place was never one where Diana thought she would be at not even in a million years and she felt excitement washed over her being like a young child going out for the first time.

Elias watched as the woman's features came alive when she saw what was standing at the end of the walk way. A gazebo with shiney lights all over its surface stood in the middle under the moonlight. She quickly glanced at Elias with a smile and scurried off down the path. He stood and watched her but followed after a while. Soon, he was also under the wooden roof admiring the woman whose squealing could be heard when she realize the sound of water hitting against the surface. Diana couldn't believe it.

Even the water had lights on its surface.

This was the best thing so far being in Valencia, Diana thought.

Elias felt a satisfactory smile twitched at his lips as he was now glad he brought the Princess here. This was his safe haven away from his duties and everyone else. He was more than delighted to share it with the one person who captured his heart from the first encounter.

Diana close her eyes and stretched her hands on the railing. She welcomed the cool evening breeze and sighed in contentment. It was as if all her stress and worries were finally relieved and she could catch her breath away from the kingdom life she was thrown into since birth. Not that she minded but everything has always been strict and royal back in Asaelia. However, it was different here. Freedom. Something she is starting to like.

Opening her eyes, Diana turned to the man who was trying his best to make her stay with him and gave him a heart warming smile.

"This place is peace at its best."

Elias smiled showing the tip of his fangs but then lowered his head to the ground as he didn't want to scare the Princess with any more of his traits. He wanted her to be happy for the time she was going to be here. So that she will remember only the good moments when arriving back to her kingdom. A thought that will never sit well with him. None the less, he knew he would have to let her go.

Diana slipped her hand into his huge ones causing Elias to meet her gaze in surprise.

"Thank you, for bringing me here." She spoke with a smile and Elias had returned one of his own. Diana couldn't help but stare as she saw that his fangs weren't on display anymore but instead, two row of perfect white teeth between plush lips. She began to wonder what it would feel like to get close to them. To have a taste.

A frown formed on Diana's face upon the idea of where that thought sprung from. She wasn't "attracted" to Lord Elias. Shaking her head, she turned to the direction of the seats.

"Does anyone else know about this place?" The Princess questioned out of genuine curiosity.

Elias took a seat beside the young lady as he had sensed her sudden uneasiness a second ago but ignored it.

"No. You are the only one who knows about it now." He responded staring out into the distance. "I was only one hundred and six years old when I found this place. It was a gift from a magic friend who was very dear to me."