Chapter 9

A weird feeling woke with Diana that someone was watching her while sleeping. She never saw anyone after waking up a few times but she could tell someone was there. The prickly feel of goosebumps crawling at her skin each time she woke was what drove the absurdity away. The coldness that descended upon the room was another factor that contributed to the paranoia of Diana's night.

She also had a nightmare which was very strange since having nightmares weren't many occurrences in her life. She dreamt that she was in a weird environment surrounded by pure darkness with nothing but a small candle lit above her head. It was strange at first that there was nothing to see but after a while, she found her self surrounded by a group of vampires who looked at her with lustful red eyes. Trying to find a way out was nearly impossible as they began closing in on her. Diana scream as a cold hand landed on her shoulder. She jolted awake, panting for air but realize it was just a bad dream. It took her a while to go back to sleep after that.

The door creaked open bringing Diana's memory to an end and Artemis poked her head in as if she was contemplating on whether to enter or not.

"I am awake Artemis." Diana spoke through a gruff voice. "You can come in."

Artemis appeared infront of Diana's bed dressed in her plain white servant uniform that had a loose knot behind.

"My Princess, good morning. Lord Elias has requested your presence at breakfast."

Diana shuddered at the thought of seeing Elias after their encounter out in the main hall. She didn't know how to face him after accusing him of satisfying his desire for wealth through her Father. She knew this was not true but the need to go back to her kingdom was slowly clawing at her chest. That perhaps was what caused her outburst last night. She needed to face him and apologize. She turned to Artemis and spoke,

"I will be down soon."

Artemis bowed her head in response and exit the room. Diana stifled a yawn and quickly remove the covers and head for the washroom. She was counting on the stars that Elias will accept her apology giving a chance for her to get close to him. She needed to get through to his dark side and prove her trustworthiness in order to return to Asaelia. After that, nothing else matters.

__________

Elias waited patiently for the princess to arrive after Artemis had informed him of her agreement to have breakfast at the main table. He was still upset about the way she had spoken to him last night out in the halls. If it wasn't her, he would've snapped the person's neck the instant such words left their lips. Looking down upon was one thing but accusing him of lies he never dare thought of was another. Diana had no clue what she was insinuating. Elias was a man of action. No one ever dared to defy his intentions. What he wanted, he got. And he wanted her to stay, so by all means, she will stay.

"Good Morning, Princess," a maid greeted Diana with a smile. "I'm Rebecca. How do you do?"

Diana smiled at the red haired girl while staring at her bright forest green eyes.

Before she could respond, Rebecca began speaking,

"I hope you like the food that we have prepared, Princess. We did it specially for you." The girl spoke with a grin. "Well, not really since Lord Elias requested it. He likes when his guests feel at home. I'm sure you're not ready to return back to-"

"Rebecca," Elias ended the girl's statement in a tone that said she shouldn't say anything more. He very well knew that Diana desperately wanted to go back to her kingdom. Yet still, he didn't want his head cook to be the one to remind her.

Diana knew what the girl was about to say and the truth behind it. However, she felt the need to play along and she smiled at the girl. "Don't worry. I don't wish to go back home yet. Elias gives me the best treatment I could ever request."