Chapter 7

The air felt menacingly cold. Diana's shoulder felt stiff and she was afraid if she moved it, the pain would act up again. She slowly opened her eyes and bright light greeted her eyelids this time. Where am I now? She thought squinting her eyes in the process.

"You're safe, your Majesty." Diana heard Artemis voice say. "Just take some rest."

"What happened? Have I fainted?" Diana asked with a look of concern. This was the second time now and she was beginning to worry.

"Yes, you blacked out because of the pain in your shoulder. The bite was meant to kill you but Elias, he saved you."

Diana slowly moved her shoulder finding that the pain had now disappear. But how? She thought. She lifted her hand in the air and didn't feel any sort of impact. It's like the pain wasn't even there in the first place.

"You must be hungry. Dinner is almost ready. I will be back in a minute." Artemis spoke in a cheery voice and before Diana could respond, she rushed out the door leaving her alone to her thoughts.

Sitting up, Diana took in her surroundings noticing that the room was draped in dark blue curtains and a few paintings were scattered around on the walls. The floor was carpeted and a small couch was placed in the corner of the room. Diana roamed her eyes from the ceiling to the floor but noticed that there wasn't any window of the room. That it was a one-way-in-one-way-out exit and it was the door Artemis went through.

Diana shuffled to her feet deciding that she needed to go find Octavius so they could plan a way to get back to Asaelia. She twisted the old knob of the door and poked her head through. The corridors were empty but torches stood on the walls giving sufficient light for one to see the path.

Diana gathered her gown and stepped out into the empty corridor. She hesitated on which way to go but finally made up her mind on going to the left since the torches were a bit brighter on that side. Voices came to Diana's ears and she turned to go to the right not wanting to be caught. She came upon big white double doors and now wished she could at least see a wall for once instead of always meeting doors to keep her wondering what's waiting on the other side. She gently pushed the door open and stepped in.

The room was big and well furnished. The floor was carpeted and a huge chandelier hung from the ceiling. A book shelf stood in the corner of the room over a small area where a table with chairs stood and in another corner sat a big black sofa set. The walls were stoned but they were a glistening type of silver colour. Diana assumed the owner must be of great power or authority. She walked over to the King size bed that was well made and sat on the edge. She sighed and lay down liking the feeling it brought to the tensed muscles of her body reminding her of her own bed back at home. A yawn came to her mouth and soon, she fell asleep.

_________

"No, take him to the guest room. Get someone to look after him. I'll come to check on everything soon."

"Yes, your Majesty."

The door slammed shut awaking Diana from her sleep.

"You're not supposed to be here."

She immediately sprang to her feet at the sound of the voice that came in realizing it was the man from before but he didn't wore a cloak around him this time. "I'm sorry.... I-I didn't mean to.... I was just..."

"Is your shoulder alright?" He interrupted.

Diana nodded ignoring the anxiety that was creeping up on her. The man stood at the foot of the door and watched as she swept her palms over the side of her gown. He could tell she was nervous for her heart was beating loudly in his ears. She was very beautiful as the rumours had said. Something he'd always wanted to see for himself and now, here she stood, in his chambers. The Princess of Asaelia. He still didn't know what to do with her since he had saved her from those ruthless creatures and gave an ounce of his blood to heal her shoulder. He didn't want to send her home just yet but didn't want her to think that he was a kidnapper, that he was keeping her here against her will.